Suicidal without depression?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DannyBoy, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

I know depression is the main cause of suicide or that most people are depressed at the time of their suicide.

I've been on effexor and it's worked well for me. I feel better. I'm able to laugh again and even feel giddy from time to time.

However I'm still having suicidal thoughts during the day. Not as persistent, but they're still there even as my mood is good.

What's up with this? This ever happen to anyone else? Good mood with suicidal thoughts?

2. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

Well its not uncommon to have suicidal toughts, plenty suicdeatempts happen when youre comming outta the depression...

the pills/drugs make you feel better and more full of energy, but the cause is still there for the pain... its just suppressed for the moment..

its a very dangerous comination, plenty lifes gonne cause of this problem with antidepressants...

just keep your cool and always search for other solutions to come forward in life, dont use this energy to kill yourself, then it will work out...

again its a common effect when you feel better, try and solve the issue

meds + therapy/meditation is the best way to try and fix yourself...

take care

hugs

//L

3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I don't agree that meds suppress pain, but i digress.

Yes, i do still get suicidal when i am in a good mood. I haven't yet been able to explain it. It's just my defauly mode.

Make sure you are in regular communication with your doctor and let him know about this.

4. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a feeling in the back of your mind that things are not ok that's triggering you? Is your life even fixed completely so you have no reason to feel suicidal?

I've had the same experience. I've just become used to the feeling and use it as a safeguard, reminding myself there's always a way out.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

almost like an obsessive thought now just it comes and goes but it is just a thought and you can just acknowledge it as that okay

6. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

It's gotten better, and I don't obsess as much about it, however it scares me more since I'm not depressed and think that's it, nothing more I can do.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

therapy for obsessive thinking can help medicaiton for OCD as well as you doctor okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.