Suicidal

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Rookie, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rookie

Rookie Active Member

Hey everyone, im rookie im 21 and i live in the uk. my dad was sent to prison for sex offences on my 11th birthday and i havent seen him since... now i find out he has died and im left with questions... ones i know will never be answered. since his sentencing ten years ago, ive been dealing with suicidal thoughts on almost a daily basis... Now, well im in debt that i will never get out of, my family have turned thier backs on me due to me smoking cannabis, and im being evicted from my home... now more than ever it feels like i have nothing to live for, and that everything would be so much easier if i just killed myself. my antidepressants arent working and i dont sleep anymore... Im just so fucking tired of it all

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Hi Rookie, welcome to the forum. It does sound as if things are bloody awful. I too am prone too giving up rather than dealing with things. Do you have any support outside of yor family? Your age means you have more options than an old bat like me. As well as Shelter for housing advice help with the drug use would help your motivation to deal with the practical issues. Also get in touch with the debt advice service. Keep on reaching out for help here and irl.

3. Rookie

Rookie Active Member

thanks for replying, it means more than you will ever know that there are people who do understand... i had a close group of friends where i worked but when i lost my job... i guess out of sight out of mind kicked in... and now i dont have anyone... i live in isolation and the only human contact i get is my monthly gp appointment to renew my prescription.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope also hun you can get help to get off the pot ok it is a drug that will only cause more depression hun it is an inhibitor I think your family is using some tough love on you I do hope that you can continue to reach out to them even though they are upset with you hugs

5. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Make an appointment with your GP extra to prescription one a d like Oliver Twist ask for more. Not on the script but ask him/her to refer you on for drug counselling , therapy etc. Sort appointments with debt and housing out yourself. I know how difficult getting moving can be, that's why I suggest all the support possible. Think in small steps.

6. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

what about speaking with citizens advice and seeing what they suggest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.