Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chloeinoz, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chloeinoz

Chloeinoz Banned Member

I don't know what the point of carrying on is I'm always sad and in pain I only took half my meds because what's the point they don't work anyway anti depressants they call them , well they don't bloody work I've been on every one and had 60 electric shock treatments and I'm still a mess can't live like this anymore my kids will be better off without me
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

NO they wont be better off without you just a fact if your med not working them try therapy different therapies ect did not work then ask your doc about new treatments for hard to treat depression always something new coming out hold on ok
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Chloe

It is very frustrating when we feel nothing is working but we have to keep in mind that one day you'll find what works. It took me quite some time and sometimes they do need tweaking if they stop working. 60 ECT?? wow I've never heard of anyone having that many. I've heard from people who have had it that it damages the memory. Your kids certainly would not be better off without you, they need you to teach them and guide them.
    I'm sorry you no longer have faith in the medications/ECT department. I wonder what else they are able of offer? You have nothing to lose by trying something new such as a different type of therapy etc... Best of luck to you :)
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

It takes time to find Meds or combo of Meds that will work, and follow directions can't take half because you feel like it, give it a 100% and if not then try again with your doc.

Can't mess with Meds if you're inconsistent with directions and not following through. that's a lot of people's issues about following directions not just you. A lot folks have this issue. I have issue trying to follow schedule for my Meds and miss some doses here and there but I try.

Your kids will not be better off without you. Hang in there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.