Suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm at my wits end,I think I'm ready to do it but I just feel so guilty about what it will do to my family but I don't think I can carry on anymore!

2. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

What's going on? Has something recent in your life triggered this or are you just fed up? I hope you can be safe and call a friend or family member who you trust if you feel like hurting yourself. I often have the same guilty thoughts when I am contemplating suicide and they keep me around most of the time. I hope you can find some relief soon. Please take care.

AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

hope you reached out to someone anyone for help hospital friends doctor we all have those thoughts and i am glad you have family that love you and that you can hold onto living for them for now in time You will be able to hold on for You as well hugs

AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  4. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Please don't give up. We're here for you. Are you safe?

5. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi Bruces, I am Mox

What is going on with you? I see that you have been member for a long time. So you know how the process work, you open up and share your situation and we try to help you figure things out.

Take Care of Yourself

6. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'm just ready to die,there's nothing to live for anymore

7. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

I would love to help you, but I need you to share what is going on with you. You sound very defeated and overwhelmed. Let us help you You know how/where to post your story.

8. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

A history of ocd,gad,depression and anxiety I'm at breaking point

9. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a lot of stuff going on, what is pushing you to the breaking point? The more you share, the more we can help

10. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

My life is a complete disaster

11. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

We're here for you. Keep talking to us.

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I want to end my life as it's just not worth it anymore but I don't want to hurt family I'm in a catch 22 position

13. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Bruces, please listen to me. I WANT to help you. But I can not if you don't share what is going on with you. I hate seeing you suffer like you are in now. Please share with us what is going on with you , so we can help you. That is how SF "works" we help each other out.

Feel free to PM/IM if you want to talk in private for whatever reason.

For what it is worth, I care what happens to you, and the pain you are clearly suffering from.

Take Care of Yourself

14. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'm in a mess I have ocd,depression anxiety a skin condition called psoriasis and now possibly a lung disease called copd after years of abusive smoking I'm in a job I hate,I have no partner I'm stuck in the past I wish I hadn't left my old job and my ex girlfriend my whole life has gone down the pan I don't know what to do,besides suicide I know life isn't likely to get any better in making my parents lives a nightmare too I'm just scum!

15. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that, it does sound like you have quite a bit going on with you. The main thing I want to do above else is to keep you safe. I urge you that if you feel like you are going to hurt yourself please take yourself to the nearest ER and get help. We want you to stay safe.

OK let's start with health issues, are you receiving any kind of help for those? I have a host of medical issues, I won't bore you with them, I know how challenging being seriously ill can be. Are you able to manage them with medication or therapy?

Are you receiving any kind of mental health service? If you're not, and you are suicidal; maybe that would be a good idea?

I understand you feel lonely; I am right there with you on that one. That is a nasty pain that just gnaws at you.

Unfortunately we don't have a time machine and we can not go back in time , we can only control the present and our future. How can we improve your future? Are you able to pursue more education or more job training that would help you get into a better job?

Do you have any kind of support network you can lean on when you're feeling down?

How can we help you the most?

Take Care

16. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I don't know what to do I don't want to die but I don't think I have much of a choice left,I think I'm out of options now

17. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

ok great, you want to live. That is a very important feeling to have. We often become suicidal , when life's stressors overwhelm our ability to cope. So I feel like we need to work on both areas. Are you open to maybe finding another job ; that would make you happier? What sort of coping mechanisms do you use?

18. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

What's worse is that I've used smoking to self harm(if that makes any sense) I should have just cut myself at least that wouldn't have done so much damage! I now more than likely have lung disease

19. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

If only I could go back 4 or 5 little years to when life was better

20. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

I understand, want to hear something ironic. I never smoked because I wanted to be healthy; I get an illness that people the smoke rarely get.

I know you are going through a tough time , I would love to go back in time to 1998 and smack the crap out of myself, for marrying that woman that i did.

If you don't take charge of your future , your future is still going to happen. Just you will not be in charge of it.