Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bradfordra87, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradfordra87

bradfordra87 New Member

I have decided to end my life I have but my fellow soliders in danger by leaving my weapon. I know have my weapon back and she will be ending my life in about 5 hours. I'm just going to finish my work and then pull the trigger. At least they can't say i didn't do my work.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Bradford, welcome to the forum... what has made you come to this decision? x
  3. bradfordra87

bradfordra87 New Member

I left my weapon somewhere and it could have been used to hurt my fellow soliders or shipmates. This is the only way to punish myself for this unspeakable act.
  4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

You can't punish your self for mistakes. Mistakes happen, they are part of life. Nothing happened. Just put it down to experience!

If you are feeling suicidal then you need to talk to someone. Go and speak to one of your senior officers if you are still on duty. If not go to your local hospital.

5. AST

AST Member

I discovered this site last night during my own blackness. I was, maybe still am (but moving further away), very close to taking my life. I spent a long time reading some other threads and now I think that maybe it's not the right thing to do. At least not now.

A couple of people have reached out to me on this site. Just knowing that there are people who will listen without prejudice helps in a tiny way - but in practical terms, massively. I would urge you to read some threads and in particular take note of the people - total strangers - who really do seem to be there for you.

I am hoping that you will find the strength to dig deeper. At least consider putting off your decision for a while. I am probably not much use to you but there are people here who have come out the other side.

Take care
  6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

No, you do not deserve to die. Please talk to us. :hug:
  7. bradfordra87

bradfordra87 New Member

So as I was about to pull the trigger the seven people that my senior officer sent over to check on me. I guess he heard about what happened and decided that I was worth something. Well the seven bust the door down and drag me to chaplain at first I didn't want to talk and then it flooded out like a raging river apparently my ex wife screwed me up more than I thought. I'm good now just needed some serious help. Notified my girlfriend and as soon as I get home she is taking me to get some help.
  8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Good!!! I am so relieved to hear this. You ARE worth something. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.