Suicide, a quick way to burn in Hell???

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by jamie20m, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

A lot of religions beleive a life is a life and killing your own life is still murder in Gods eye. I want to know what you guys think about suicide. Is it a sin?
  2. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Even the Catholic Church doesn't take as harsh a line as you seem to think most religions do. There are three results in the Cathechism of the Catholic Church on 'suicide' and while it is considered a sin, there seems to be a fair amount of wiggle room. I'm not exactly sure what would be considered an 'example to the young,' possibly something like a Kurt Cobain(?) but it seems that suicide in and of itself is not an immediate got-to-hell-go-directly-to-hell-do-not-pass-go-do-not-collect-$200 card.

FWIW, Orthodox Christianity (Russian, Greek, etc.) as I understand it is considerably more hardcore on a lot of topics than Catholicism these days. I believe in Greece suicides are still not allowed to be buried in cemeteries run by the Orthodox Church, to which something like 95%+ of the population belongs, which probably accounts for the spuriously low reported suicide rates in Greece.
  3. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

There is no greater sin than to be forced to live a life you dont want, to live a life in misery, to live alone and with nothing. If God exists, he has to live with the greatest sins that someone has ever made. If he really exists, than its a sin that he alowed this things to happen.
  4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Do not pass go.... If there is a God and he can't forgive, then I don't want his love. I don't need God, God doesn't need me.
  5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

And, there is a song that goes something like this: Im going (means dying) tonight, drunk, because God chooses his angels to take them to be with him. And also, when a good person dies young, people are saying the same thing, God took him to be with him, to be his angel.
    So, basicly 99% of the people that are commiting suicide are good people, with good personalities, perhaps better than 90% of the whole human kind.
    So, maybe our death, our suicide was determined by God, maybe this life he has given to us is a way that God is calling us to join him.
    Maybe we are his lost angels, and he wants us back as quickly as possible.
    My point here is, its not a sin, because who said that? Some pope? Or someone who wrote the Bible, or the Kuran? They are just books written by some people, nothing more. They are not written by God.
    And I am orthodox, and yes, it is not alowed someone who commits suicide to be buried in the cemetary. But fuck that, I dont care. I will be buried in a special place, the place where only good people are buried, not sinners like in the cemetary.
  6. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

I pretty much think the other way around. Yes, God chooses his angels, but he only chooses those who deserve it. Just like trust is earned and not handed out, that privilege is the same. May you, by yourself, are not destined to do one of the greatest things mankind has ever seen, but you can help someone achieve it. It's a known fact that a group does a better job then one person. And history has proven this since the beginning of man:groups, tribes, gatherings, cities, countries, alliances. You have a part to do, but you must fight for the right to do that, because we all do it for the greater good. Look at ants, they do it without even second-guessing their orders and they have some very good results, but i know we can do much much better if we tried.
  7. Sol

Sol Member

If God makes someone burn in hell for ETERNITY because of what they did for a couple years on earth in complete blindness and ignorance (compared to whatever divine enlightenment we get when we die), then he's better known as Satan.
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I dont understand how people still believe in god
  9. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

Blindness and ignorance is a choice. That's what separates animals from humans, conscience and free will. And as far as i know it can be actions in a couple of minutes that can do that. Never forget that human mind knows no real limit and at times would do even the most unthinkable of deeds. So it pretty much gives a very good edge to the famous saying "every action has a reaction".
  10. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I believe in goth.
  11. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

Well said, I absolutely agree with you.
  12. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

In my own personal view, no.... it is not a sin. I just think that if you have unfinished business, then it will hurt your soul. That's what I believe. I'm not a hardcore scientist or skeptic, I'm more spiritual. So I believe that souls bypass and survive throughout time. But, there are effects to our actions, cause and effect. If you miss out on the potential you have now you'll have to start all over, relive everything till you learn your own lessons in another life. It is about a path, destiny, which is in your favor and is good. So, follow your spirit, your heart, and find a path.
  13. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

I was searching suicide method board and came across the below site as your title say.

If there was God so many people won't suffer from this suicide situation..

I was so sad to see patient put picture of Jesus Christ in their room at a psychiatric ward.

I will have to go before the winter comes..
  14. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I believe in God and I believe in heaven and hell. I'm also suicidal. I don't think the manner of death has anything to do with my eternal destination. I made the decision many years ago to believe in God, and repented of my sin, which essentially reserves a place for me in heaven. If I chose not to make that decision, a place would be waiting for me in hell. So, basically, the choice for an eternal destiny has to be made in this present life. It's not God's choice to make. We humans make that choice. If God were to make the choice, He'd welcome everyone to heaven. It isn't His will for anyone to choose hell.

That happens to be part of my belief system. Many other belief systems are out there. I'm thankful to know I'll spend my eternity with God in heaven.

My belief is that suicide is performed by someone with a distorted mind, with distorted thinking, not by someone with healthy thinking and a sound mind. In which case God's grace and love will forgive me and anyone else who has made the choice to trust God.

End of sermon.
  15. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

The only hell there is, is the one we are living on right now.Earth. This world is very crule and can be torture sometimes. There are bigger better things beyond death, I have seen a glimps of it. People have only said that you go to hell if you commit suicide, So you don't kill yourself. Everybody is going to die one day. Nobody has amazing powers that will make you live forever! This planet is sooo messed up right now that we are pretty much creating a mass suicide!! Very slowly we are killing ourselves. Some people get cancer, some die in a fire, some get hit by a car, and some people take their own lives. If somebody chooses to take their own life, I would hope that they have a pretty good reason to do so.
  16. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

A person very dear to me (who happened to be a christian church leader:huh:) once told me that their understanding of suicide was basically you would not go to hell if you were genuinely out of your mind with depression and didn't realize the effect it would have on others lives, you would however go to hell if you were aware of the pain you were causing those left behind, ie God won't send you to hell so long as you are not knowingly harming others. Basically. He put it much better than I do.
  17. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

I just think its not worth the risk. Us humans like to think we know it all, but we dont.
  18. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Yeah. But you have to consider a lot of religions believe a lot of stupid shit that some fool obviously made up.

Sin does not compute in my vocabulary. My life (or my death) does not hinge upon what anyone else believes.
  19. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

To all the religious freaks in here:
  20. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

nawwwww hell isn't real, its just a metaphor for a state of mind. like you could say some of us feel we are in hell now cause our lives are so awful. God is all loving, he doesn't care what you believe. The whole truth is beyond human comprehension, so no one really has the "correct beliefs". I hate when people try to make up ideas of how god is, especially really stupid ideas, like that he is judgemental, jealous, wrathful etcetera don't lower god down to barbaric human standards to scare people into your brainwashing/mind enslavement system(religion) for power and wealth.

Religion is bullshit, but a higher power is not. Even if your an atheist you gotta admit there is a higher power, like the forces of nature and natural laws for example.

If judaism or jizzlam was true I'd laugh and spit in jesus's face when i died.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.