Suicide Alternative

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by reemaskain, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reemaskain

reemaskain New Member

Hi, I'm 26/m and have been feeling extremeley depressed, where each day feels worse than the last. I have contemplated suicide but I do not want to burden anyone with my death, especially my parents. I've pretty much given myself a few rules on suicide. I will be as discreete as possible if I ever do commit it, not telling anyone and doing it in a secluded far off location as to not bring attention. I will neverr do something like get drunk and drive or crash into something with my car (anything that could potentially harm anyone else). My ideal option at this point would be to put myself in an organisation (army perhaps)? that benefits the world yet is dangerous so that I may die but do so in atleast a more honorable way so as to not leave such a negative or emotional impact on my friends and family. I am also planning on taking out a life insurance policy now and forcing myself to wait through the 2 year limit because after that point, any type of death is covered by most policies and it will pay my parents. My even considering this, I know I am being selfish, but if I can atleast leave them enough money but having a life insurance contract, it makes me feel a little better. As I am 26, can someone please suggest something that I could join which would provide the outlet I am looking for. Thank you.

2. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Um...Im not really sure what to say to that...other than that we arent here to help you kill yourself. we're here to help you cope with life. Im sorry that your feeling this way. Why don't you tell us whats going on in your life that makes you want to end it?

3. reemaskain

reemaskain New Member

Thank you for your concern. I'm not trying to get any attention here or seek any advice on not killing myself.

I'm not asking for ways to commit suicide, I'm asking for ways in which I can put myself in harms way and make it not look like a suicide.

4. Ben121

Ben121 Active Member

Seems to me like you are trying to justify killing yourself. Trying to convince yourself that you can dull down the pain that others well feel when your no longer here.

No matter how you do it other ppl well get hurt. No amount of money from life insurance is going to make that feel better. Not even 1% better.

The ppl you leave behind well feel pain ever day from what you do.
    And even moor so on occasions like your birthday, christmas. Anniversaries where normally families celebrate. The date of your death would be another. How is money going to make any of that feel better?

No mater how you do it it well destroy the ppl you love.

If you are welling to wait 2 years then you should at lest in that time also try and seek some help to an alternative possibility of you finding some happens in your life.

You do sound like a very thoughtful person though. That for me would make me feel worse that I know I could not do anything to stop the suicide of my friend or relative. It would also make me feel guilty cos I was not there for them.

5. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, you are asking us to find you a way to kill yourself and make it look like an accident...you're still asking us to help you HARM yourself which is a FAT nay-nay!

6. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hun, welcome to sf first of all
    i hope you find all the help and support you need here.

as previously said, this site is pro-life and we will not give you advice on ways in which you could harm/kill yourself, and that is what you're asking.
    maybe you could tell us some more about yourself.. what made you feel like this? has something happened to make you want this? thinking of you :heart:
    triggs xx

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Why don't you call your hospital and ask for the mental health department.. When you get them on the line ask them about any group therapies in your area..It's something you could try and you would be talking face to face with people with similar problems.. I really think you should find a good therapist..I find them to be more help than any doctor pushing meds..I have been with my therapist for four years and she always picks me up when I am down.. She also gets a smile out of me by the end of the session.. Thats not an easy task because I never smile..Please seek the help instead of ways to harm yourself..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.