Suicide and Hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Ok, I have been questioning alot recently whether or not things will be better after death, or whether I will still be in as much pain as I am now, because I am destined to suffer.

So, question 1, Do you think that death will change personal circumstances, ie make things better or worse or not change? (and ?I am thinking purely for the person, not their family or anything, and this is certainly not to try and persuade people into suicide, I'm just interested in your opinions. If moddies think this is inappropriate just feel free to delete this question. I also just wanted to say that I am not gonna use this to change what I think, I am really just interested in how other people view it, that is all).

Ok, and recently I have become so low, I can't see any point in anything, nothing will change anything, this is how I am meant to be (I know that sounds totally wallowy, but I was told nothing is wrong with me, so therefore this is nothing to fix, so I am just going to be this way forever).

Question 2, Do you think that suicide can be related to hope? ie, the hope that things will be better after death.

Just some random thoughts from recently, I hope that no one finds this offensive or anything

Last edited by a moderator:

Painttheskyred

Im very sad you see you feel this way ,Alot of people think that suicide is there only option , but its not there are all sorts of ways you can move on past these feelings, life has been pretty bad for me latley but have have stuck with it because everyone tells me it will get better, and i trust the people that that have given me this advice, and i say the same thing to you now it will get better over time .

Dnt give up, just hold on in there, it will get better.

TJ

deep

I dont think death can change anything for the person I think its like when your asleep in that few hours you feel a sort of release and that no one can get to you so then death becomes an option as it is seen as pieceful. But there is so much to live for even if it looks bad at the moment it as they say and I believe in, in a way life can get better but you need to hold on and trust in that.

As for hope I dont think death can bring you hope I think you need to have hope in the beginning to have it in the end. And also so many are looking for peace that I dont know if you can find it after death, as there is no way to change to bring you it. Thats just my thoughts.

Stay safe :hug: :grouphug:

R

reborn1961

I think the answers to those questions depend on the make up of the person. I speak for me only when I say I believe things will be better after death because I believe in heaven. For those that want to pounce and quote me scripture, don't bother. With the help of clergy I believe that suicide is not always a ticket to hell. I think God knows a persons mind and their pain and is forgiving of such a decision. This is my opinion and was not posted for debate.

As for the second question, I think that when we feel such emotional pain, any solution that would end that pain seems hopeful to us, even if that solution is suicide. I personally think that many suicidal people do not really want to die but rather want to stop the pain and know of no other way to do it (or have exhausted other ways).

Scum

reborn, everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is why I asked the question. Had I not valued all opinions, even if they differ to mine, I would not have asked. I hope people don't make you feel bad or whatever for what you have said, as far as I am concerned I appreciate all responses, so thank you to all who have responded so far.

worlds edge

Ok, I have been questioning alot recently whether or not things will be better after death, or whether I will still be in as much pain as I am now, because I am destined to suffer.
I see no evidence that there's any part of a human being that will survive death. The question for me has always been existence vs. non-existence.

So, question 1, Do you think that death will change personal circumstances, ie make things better or worse or not change?
I don't know. However, I suspect there's nothing on the other side of the door, which would candidly suit me just fine. In other words, once dead I will have no "personal circumstances" at all. Or at any rate so I think.

Question 2, Do you think that suicide can be related to hope? ie, the hope that things will be better after death.
Personally, no. I think there are several instances where suicide is completely justified, but a sense of hope about the act is not one of them. However, who really knows or can really say? Nobody who's gone has ever come back, so we just don't know. I guess if you construct a set of internal beliefs that suicide is a case of short-term pain, long-term gain, I'm not really sure how anyone could gainsay you, save to attack your premises.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Imo, death won't change "personal circumstances" because when you die, whether you believe in an afterlife or not, your mortal self, along with your problems, will cease to exist, therefore personal circumstances won't change.

And the hope that things will be better after death, I think, is also related to what you believe happens after death. My own belief is that as long as there's life, there's hope. Just my opinion. I also think your bunnies would ask you to stay, for their sake.:smile:

love and hope to you,:hug:

least

Scum

I also think your bunnies would ask you to stay, for their sake.:smile:
Wow, I can't believe you remembered. In a way though, it's irrelevent. My most treasured bunnies are now running around bunny heaven. My losses in recent weeks, for reasons all unrelated, have been unbearable. Hence all the questioning.

But I am really flattered that you remembered, so thank you :hugs:

J
question 1, Do you think that death will change personal circumstances, ie make things better or worse or not change?
*shrug*
I dunno what happens to a person after death.

Depends on the person, to an extent a person can generalize through research, but there's always going to be certain differences between people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00