Suicide as revenge

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well-Known Member

My moods vary a lot between sadness/depression and agitation/anger. Sometimes when they're all going on at the same time not only do I think about suicide as a way to end my suffering, but also to hurt the people that have hurt me.

Anybody else ever feel like this?
  2. catspunge

catspunge Member

I posted earlier. Basically partner broke up me me recently and I can say for definate that one of the reasons Im currently considering ending it is to hurt her and make her realise. What she lost. Sounds messed up doesn't it?
  3. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

I did...
    Get up, heal up, get a plan, work hard, rise to the stars... profit
  4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

In my teens I wanted to commit suicide right in front of my father to make him suffer the rest of his life for his years of abuse. Revenge as a motivation is ultimately self destructive to the person seeking relief from the pains of unjust treatment IMO. If you have already spoken to the people who hurt you and they didn't express understanding or remorse then there is nothing more that can be done.

I hope you find relief and peace from your suffering- in this life, this world. It probably seems impossible right now- I feel completely doomed myself.
  5. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

I totally have felt this and have been known to SH for the same reasons - to make people see how much their actions hurt. It's messed up but yes I do totally get where you are coming from with your post :hug:
  6. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wanted to commit suicide in part to hurt my father. It's not that uncommon.
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

At times I would think about going up to someone that never stop pissing me off and say "You did this." or "It's all your fault" and then BANG! I'm dead and the person that messed with me is now insane. Sounds good to me quite frequently :laugh:.
  8. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

i would never want to hurt the people around me
    yet i manage to do so with every breath i take. ironic

i wanna die because i suck.. and because im worthless..
    also, the rest of the world agrees with me on that

so no revenge, just favors
  9. DMOS

DMOS Member

I'm not going to pretend that I've never thought this way and wondered who would go to my funeral, because I have.
    However, I also feel that the guilt that those few people who hurt you will feel will come nowhere close to the hurt that those who love you will feel.
    Instead of harming yourself, make yourself the best you possibly can to show those people that they didn't break you. It sounds stupid and cliche, but for me jealousy is more powerful than guilt.
  10. topper

topper Well-Known Member

I don't want to hurt anyone. I just don't want to live, not being myself anymore. I don't want to continue avoiding the ones I love, looking at them without the same sense of connection I once had. It hurts not feeling close to them anymore.
  11. hannahjb

hannahjb Active Member

No, no - please don't use suicide as revenge. That is only hurting yourself. In the long run, revenge never helps - only forgiveness does. If you can't forgive these people, then don't, but please don't hurt yourself to try to get revenge on them. You're worth more than that...
  12. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Death is not a good revenge, living smiling showing those who have hurt you that you will not let them get to you that is revenge, even if it seems impossible you can do it. Work on what is wrong and make the most of your life is probably the biggest fuck you to those who hurt you.

Least thats what I try to do.
  13. lonelysoul

lonelysoul Member

yeah i felt this way a lot .

some people who i thought were friends hurt me so bad
    that i want to kill myself to show them
    in my suicide note .

i would totally blame them

it would total hurt them and they will have to live with it .
  14. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Suicide as revenge seems like the dumbest reason to kill yourself. If you want revenge on someone then go after that person. Why harm yourself?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.