Suicide Attempt...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by b-unit, Apr 10, 2007.

1. b-unit

b-unit Guest

My boyfriend just tried to kill himself using Xanax and alcohol. I don't particularly like writing all of the details or explaining everything, but the thing I am scared of most is that he will try to do it again. I'm terrified that he won't get better. Does anyone have any support/ ideas for me? I feel so helpless right now.

2. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

it's really hard to have someone watch him 24/7. if someone is committed there is no stopping him/her.

3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Does your boyfriend see any therapist/psychologist? If he feels suicidal, it might help him to talk about why he feels this way and what there can be done to get better and to see the joy in life again.

4. just try and let him no you'll be there if he needs to talk ever, night or day. he cant be watched over all the time, but if you strongly feel he is going to attempt again, contact the emergancy services or possibly his gp. good luck hun x

5. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Im really to hear about ur boyfriend.
    I think the best thing u can do right now is do everything in your power to show him how much u care. Make him feel special and hopefully that wil give him the motovation to live through this. I OD'd about a month ago, and all i needed to hear was that i love u from my boyfriend and i saw things in a completly different light.
    If things get really bad, make sure u contact a psychologist or the hospital. He may b angry with u at the time, but u could save his life!
    Best of luck with it! :smile:

6. b-unit

b-unit Guest

Thanks so much for the support. He is in the hospital, being closely monitored and his parents said there are a lot of good people lined up to see him. Even though we haven't said "I love you" yet, I've told him that I love him and I'm coming home from college to see him. I'm extremely scared and not quite sure how to prepare myself. It's just so hard to know that he doesn't want to be here, and it's scary to think that he might not get better.

7. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I can totally see why you find it scary, b-unit. I'm really sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Try to talk to him. See if he wants to explain why he wanted to die.
    I'm sending you many many big hugs :arms:

8. im glad he is in a safe place, best wishes for his health and a big hug from me xx