suicide bomber ? spree killer

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by azezal1, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azezal1

azezal1 Member

Is there really a difference, apart from one appearing in newspapers with a long beard and the other appearing on myspace.com with a gun?

2. eutxry

eutxry Member

spree killer chooses each one of his victims deliberately

3. azezal1

azezal1 Member

I dont think they do. A serial killer mayber, but a spree killer concentrates on one site like a suicide bomber I think.

4. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

It entirely depends on how you want to define it. A spree killer and a suicide bomber can be two different concepts, but a suicide bomber is also a form of spree killer, and a spree killer can use suicide bombing as his/her method.

There are a couple of things you have to remember first of all, not all suicide bombers are Muslims, the Japanese Kamikaze during the second world war is a prime example. or the Kurdish PKK attacks against the Turkish government... The PKK being a Kurdish nationalist organization.

It is also not fair to say that suicide attacks are not targeted as this is also incorrect, looking at suicide attacks in the past we see that by and large they are against specific targets, such as the assassination of Indian President Rajiv Gandhi by an LTTE millitant.

As for spree killers, a spree killer does not typically choose his victims deliberately, saying deliberately conotates premeditation when it reality as we see in most spree killings, they seem to be crimes of opportunity... A killer venting his rage on whoever happens to be there, for example the Virginia Tech Massacre, The Luby's Massacre, or columbine. Where you have someone disgruntled randomly shooting....

...Its late, I hope I made some sense...

5. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

suicide bombers have the intent to kill people and themselves in an explosion

a spree killer has a list of people he/she wants to kill specifically. they will target them first, then kill off anyone who gets in thier way, shows the slightest hint of resistance or defiance, and anyone and everyone else until thier weapons/ammo are spent or until they are killed themselves or commit suicide.

6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a spree killer acting from religious motives or of having the backing of a large group when preparing themselves for the act.

I'm thinking in particular of the recent accusations that the Iraqi "resistance" has actually sent Downs' syndrome children off as human bombs. See here.

BTW, is there some grand conclusion we're trying to reach via this thread? Seems like a decidedly weird topic.

7. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

exactly not all suicide bombers are muslims. Infact the suicide bombing technique was first used amongst Tamil militants(hindu and catholic) and Hezbollah(shia - mainstream Muslims consider them to be different) first. Jewish terrorist groups like irgun have also used these tactics.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  8. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

I guess the main difference, if you're talking motives, suicide bombers on the whole believe they have a cause they are not just killing for themselves but for others or god. Spree killers are just angry at the world or a paticular part of society and kill for themselves.

9. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

Its still not quite right, because if we look at non-suicide spree type attacks we see that spree killers can belong to an ideological group and be fighting for someone else. For example the JRA attack at Lod International Airport in 1972, on behalf of the PFLP.

While the terrorists were committed to a suicide mission, they were not suicide bombers, and one has to remember that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold at Columbine were also committed to a suicide mission.

10. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

if you were told that you will go to a place where you get to have sex with women that are uncomparable to earth's women regarding beauty , virgins
    and you get whatever you want magically poof it happens and you live happily ever after for eternity never dying , and you were told this since you were 2 years old again and again and again
    this for them is called "shahada" meaning not dying , but dying for "allah" and that is the best thing that could happen to a muslim , that for them is an undeniable truth since childhood , I know this because I've lived between muslims my whole life and you can be glad you're not one of them , I am an atheist and if anyone here knows I am I have a 80% chance of recieving threat mails , getting kidnapped and beheaded for the infidel I am
    religion is a dark desease

11. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

So whats the difference between killing someone in a suicide attack and dropping napalm on them?

Nothing.

Everytime we drop a bomb in Baghdad we know that it will kill a certain amount of kids and babies. Yet that is an acceptable risk.

Hundreds and thousands of Iraqi civilians have been killed since the invasion.

UNICEF estimated that the sanctions in the nineties caused the premature deaths of over 150,000 Iraqi children, and they didnt hurt Saddam at all. He still got to live in his palaces.

Look at the staggering civilian death toll in Afghan.

Look at all the innocent villagers who got their skin melted off by napalm in Vietnam.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
  12. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

what's going on in iraq is that iraqis now after the govenement tooken down fight each other , you got sunnies hate SO MUCH shiites and shiites do the same, why ? because each of them believe that some joe that lived 1400 years ago took a white dump , while the others say he took a brown one !
    people in the middle east are brainwashed by religion as I said it is an undeniable truth for them , they don't think outside the box they just believe and take down anyone who got different beliefs and the US and UK are using that leaving them fight each other creating fake bombings and blaming a side so the other side counter attack while they're sucking their oil

if religion gets wiped off the middle east it'll be a heaven there !! because now people there are just brainwashed dumb fucks who don't know shit about anything , rare are the enlightened ones who learned something but they're a really tiny ass majority

I know that because I lived between those people my whole life ! and they only keep on disgusting me more each time
    they will never agree on anything because they hate each others for the most ridiculous of reasons and that's good for the US and europe for all they care it's only the oil they need

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.