Suicide cannot be stopped if the person is truly determined

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stigma, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stigma

Stigma Member

I should know.
    I have my day planned and all Im missing is a proper, pain-free method of action and Ill be all set. Ill elaborate on this topic later, I wanna see how the feedback goes before I do.

2. Don't suicide. You will regret it later.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I hope you don't do anything. Could you tell us what's going on to make you go to such drastic measures? We're here if you'd like to talk about it. Try and stay safe.

By the way, I saw you were new. I'm glad you found the forum, I hope you make use of it. I'm hopuing I see you around the forum. :) :hug: :welcome:

4. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

You would be surprised. Improbable shit stops it. x_x
    Stay with us?

5. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

although this is a very serious matter i do have to point out: how could they regret it if they were dead?

but in all seriousness, why do you feel that you must take your life? Since you are posting on this site i assume some part of you still wants to live. and if thats so you we are all here to talk with you and help you out.
    stay safe.

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

good point, someone actually just said the exact same words to me lol

7. Stigma

Stigma Member

roflmfao
    how can i regret it if im no longer here?
    i saw the forum on VH1 internet nightmares and decided to post my last thoughts on here. Myspace isnt working.
    www.myspace.com/youngblackscholar

Ive done the talking and it just makes me angrier.
    I cant do this much more. Im too smart for this world. I know when I cant win, and I cant win. If you know how the movie of life ends and you dont like it, why stick around to see the ending? Im just gonna walk out on the movie.

8. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Stigma let's leave this regretting thing alone and not worry about it and Please don't attempt anything stay on the forums and talk and please call someone,don't suffer in silence.I know you're in great pain and what you're feeling but Please don't try anything it's not worth it.

9. dhtvyr

dhtvyr Member

Suicide is not meant to be pain free. Suicide is meant to be an increase in pain to meet an end soon after. At least, with my experience of botched suicide attempts, that's my opinion/conclusion on the issue.

10. bono

bono Well-Known Member

Suicide cannot be stopped if the person is truly determined?

Answer: Yes it can. If the person is accidentely killed first, or maybe even murdered. Do I get a prize for coming up with the right answer?

11. Stigma

Stigma Member

if the person is accidentally killed or murdered then they no longer have to worry about having to kill themselves.

suffering in silence...yeah that sounds like me.

i had a thought last night that may or may not already have been done, but has anyone ever thought about making a dating-website that is centered around suicidal individuals. In my own opinion, the only thing that can stop a person from commiting suicide is love. But with the world the way it is, that seems unlikely.

Each day is unbearable. I just keep repeating to myself, "Spider-Man opens May 4th" and it gives me a small boost of energy to endure another lonely depressing day.:sad: :mad: :eek:hmy:

12. Stigma

Stigma Member

being alone sucks
    especially when one goes out there way to reach out to the public, only to have them look away or down there noses at you.
    it's heartbreaking to know that the world is a cold and lonely place.

13. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

this shit is not a a game. we're talking about people's lives. if oyu want to win points for good answers, goto yahoo questions. you get points for answers and 10 points for best answers. bye :irritated and disturbed:

14. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I thought about this a couple days ago but I'm not sure how well it would go over once set up. Probably be a lot of people effing around on it.

15. Jackson

Jackson Guest

Hey, there's a possibility you could regret it in the afterlife.

16. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

I hope you reconsider. As for your title, suicide can be stopped even with determination by the person. Someone could find out or see something and get emergency help. The method could look sure fire but falls short. As for you looking for the perfect pain free method.................no such thing. If you have that much time and energy to searcy for death, perhaps dirct that toward searching for help. Never hurts to try, you can always move forward later.

17. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Just to chuck in my 2 cents...

I have been truly determined, and I have been stopped. By completely random events. Last time I had everything planned and set out, then I had to make an unexpected visit to my grandparents. Since then a real (planned) opportunity simply hasn't come up. And in the meantime, people can keep you from feeling that profound sense of loneliness, at least some of the time. The last time I felt very suicidal (like I would actually do it right then) people on here just talked to me, sat with me, and they kept me safe that night.

I hope you find some respite, Stigma. You deserve happiness, just like everyone else :hug: We're all here if you want to talk.

~Nobody~ x

18. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Suicide cannot be stopped if the person is truly determined

I must agree.People who succeeded becoz determination is back up by logic.So I agree that it should be done in a right frame of mind.Example of these are those who committed crimes that they knew they will rot in prison so why go through that when there is your own way.There are suicides that are assisted by doing a crime so they can receive a lethal injection.Or assisted by cops.Let us not stigmatized those who made their own choices about ending their lives at their own terms at their own time.It is a freedom.

19. Cestmoi

Cestmoi Well-Known Member

I know of www.nolongerlonely.com, a dating site for people with mental illness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.