Suicide Clinic Would You Go???

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by DeAdwOrLD, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm getting my life on track again after what has been a mnth or so of drug taking to ease my troubled mind. I'm not happy about it, but what could I do? Either that or go crazy or something. Things are okay at work. But something has just happened that really disturbed me.

I just heard on the radio that suicide is going to be available to any1 who wants to end their life. Yeah, anyone. Apparently, the debate has moved on from whether a person with a terminal illness should be allowed to complete suicide, to now allowing anyone who wants to end their life. Incl. Mental Ill, diabetics, ppl with AIDS, Cancer, dementia, depression, confusion and I guess anyone who doesn't know what they want but thinks death might be for them?!etc. This is happening now in a Clinic called Dignitas, in mainland Europe. It's private and expensive but apparently painless.

My thoughts are is this the answer I've been waiting for? Legalization of an end to suffering, pain and confusion without having to go to the trouble of making mistakes attempting.

Can someone tell me is this a good or a bad thing?
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

first off, the clinic has been open for many years.

here is some info on it for you

they used to deal with depressed people and help them kill themselves, but they dont do it anymore.
    Now its just for long term illnesses and people that wont recover from whats effecting them if they cant live a decent life, ie being paralysed from the neck down.
    It costs alot, about €10,000 i do believe. Last time i looked anyway it was.
    I even emailed them on info about it last year. And they specifically said they dont help people who are depressed and suicidal.
  3. DeAdwOrLD

But what about that schizophrenic from Spain or somewhere they said that he paid them money and he was sent to sleep. I got this from the BBC.

And do you think it's a good idea or no? Legalized murder or dignity?
  4. DeAdwOrLD

I live in the uk and I was thinking if I told them I think I have a defective gene, I font know, like parkinsons or something they might give me a consultation. I can save. It might take a while but at least it's a goal, sth to look forward to?
  5. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

yea there are a few places that do this in europe. I have only heard of elderly or people with a terminal illness do it though.
  6. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to live if I was paralyzed from the neck down. Holy shit that would be sooo fucking bad. As soon as you're a quadraplegic you're basicly dead. What else are you gonna do?

Where would they inject you, assuming that's the pain free method they are using :tongue:. Is it in some completely white, depressing room? Because it might just be me but I'd rather die somewhere beautiful. Like on top of a mountain or on a sunny, crystal clear water beach. Something memorable even though that doesn't make sense.

Personally, I think it's dignified. I wouldn't want to live my life to know I won't recover from some really bad illness. And that could be a possibly slow death that traumatizes those around you. Sometimes, you just gotta know when to pull the plug.
  7. 41021

41021 Banned Member

I wish there was one in the u.s. When my pain is off the charts, i just want to be free of it, to just go. It's pure hell and i would never allow an animal to suffer this way.

Shouldn't we have the freedom to take charge of, and control our bodies, especially if there is a serious physical ailment? :sad:

as far as being suicidal and depressed, i am out to lunch. If it's well thought out, all options explored, and it is the only decent one, i suppose ppl should be able to make that choice, although i think they should first be given many many hugs and be surrounded by people who care and who will listen...I would hug you all, so you wouldn't feel alone, or be sad and alone...people are not supposed to be alone in sadness. :console:

8. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

i think it legal here in the us in either nevada or utah but i did see it somewhere once.

if you ask me? yes i think it should be legal if in some instances like your really really sick with AIDS or cancer, or if your life just plain causes others to hurt then yes you should be able to end it
  9. 41021

41021 Banned Member

I'll check into this. If anyone has info please let me know. :hug:
  10. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

As much i want to end my life, i think it should only be 'legally' available to people who live a life in physical pain, terminal illness, or paralyzed. At the same time, some could say if someone REALLY wanted to end their life they would eventually find a way to do it so it wouldn't really make a difference. I don't know, i'm up in the air with this one.

I think it's legal in most places in Europe actually. I've heard of stories where someone who is terminally ill takes their loved one with them and then only the loved one returning.
  11. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure about this. I wouldn't go myself, but I don't want to lay down a blanket statement saying that this practice is wrong, as I believe in the right to die for people who are paralyzed, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.