Suicide crasher hits Austin; Man blamed the IRS, US system in note

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

How the fuck is this not yet posted? Y'all lazy.

A man named Joseph Andrew Stack flew a small plane into a building housing IRS offices in Austin, TX today. You probably saw it on the news. He wrote a long suicide note on the internet about how he can't tolerate the tax abuse, how hard he's worked in his life to get nowhere, lost his retirement savings two times, was divorced once and remarried, is tired of lying politicians and their corruption, while tax payers keep paying their salary while they do nothing in our interest, he mentions "Taxation without representation," how he's sick of the people not revolting, the insanity of living here with the illusion of freedom and democracy, etc. And so on.

He lit his house on fire with his 12 year-old daughter and wife in it, they both escaped safely, and have no comment yet. After torching his house, he went on the plane, made no flight plan, and around 9:45am crashed himself into the primary source of his pain -- the IRS, injuring several people inside and killing only himself, as far as we know so far.

That's all.

It's very saddening how this system is relentlessly and mercilessly driving people into so much sadness and pain that they lose regard for human life and get mad enough to just blow something the fuck up.

Civilization is a fucking failure.

2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

:( Why do people insist on solving situations with violence. His reasons might be sound, but his actions do the issues an injustice. It's not a solution, it's a defiance of the worst extreme.

Im sorry he felt that way. I hope the best for his family and all the people affected by this.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

You're blaming civilization for this? He's a nutjob who tried to kill his wife and child, and a bunch of other innocent people. Taxes aren't the end of the world for the vast majority of us.

4. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

i dont think its fair to call him a 'nutjob'. i read his piece on the internet, and dont think he's crazy whatsoever. i'd never condone what he's done, but he was pushed.

5. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

you know, I bet this guy is a conservative who is against taxing the rich. Which is why we have to tax the other 95% so much, and why we have these running deficits. Because we stopped taxing the rich

also, he was just an asshole. and a nutjob. lit his house on fire with his 12 yr old in it?

yes he is a nutjob, and an asshole

6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Have any of y'all <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Rude> talking shit ever been sick enough that you want to just blow something up or just straight up commit murder? <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Rude>. You don't know a god damned fucking thing about this dead ass man besides what the news just told you. I'm sick of people acting as if shit like this is normal that drives people to go insane like this. And so the damn cycle continues.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

I wonder how many other Joe Stacks are out there that are being driven out of their DAMNED mind. <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Rude>. The psychological degeneration of the people in this system is god damned mind-boggling, and all <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Rude> has to say about it is "oh, another nutjob"? You...you........... woo my blood pressure I can't say any more.

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Lots.

He tried to kill his wife and child. That's "nutjob" for me, or at least sick bastard.

You are aware that you're on a "suicide forum" and we've all been driven to desperate places? I've never tried to kill anyone.

9. Prinnctopher's Belt

^ You sure as hell don't act like it. For someone who has allegedly been there, you act like you don't know what it's like to go crazy.

10. hokey pokey

hokey pokey Member

Hey bob...did you read the guy's manifesto? If you had, you'd know that he railed about the fact that the rich get all the breaks! Next time, try doing a little research before opening your mouth and proving to everyone that you're clueless.

11. hokey pokey

hokey pokey Member

Wow! Take an anger management course or a chill pill or something, dude.

Yeah, everyone has problems; some more than others. Yeah, this guy got royally screwed more than once. Yeah, it sucks. But to suggest that he may have had a right to do what he did is taking it too far. If you can't see that, then you definitely need to get to a psychiatrist because you could be the next person we read about in the papers.

12. Bob26003

No Im sorry, I wasnt too intrigued to read some child and innocent murderers manifesto.

Bottom line: HE ATTEMPTED TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE, INCLUDING HIS OWN DAUGHTER.

13. hokey pokey

hokey pokey Member

Yes, he did...and it was his step-daughter. The point I was making is, if you are going to comment on something, it's best if you at least have a clue what you are talking about.

14. Bob26003

Good Point, I just read his manifesto thingy. And you are right, he wasnt your typical right winger. He had alot of good points.

Im suprised, usually this sort of stuff is done by your racist/anti tax/gun/antiabortion types.

And I assumed this was the case.

my bad

15. Bob26003

So, even though this guy made a few good points, it in no way justified doing what he did.

Hurting innocent people, because of your problems, is just evil and stupid.

Killing innocents is never justifiable.

16. Bob26003

sorry for jumping to conclusions man

OK, so the guy had legitimate beefs. And I agree, there is alot of unfair and fucking evil shit. Look at our healthcare system. 50 thousand ppl die a year due to lack of health insurance.

But how does that justify murdering innocent people?

Oh, and yes he was an asshole. He said old people on social security should either work or get out of the country.

that is a dick thing to say if I ever heard one

17. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Im not sure if this was meant to include my post, but in any case, people don't have to experience something to have an opinion on it. In the end no we don't know anything about this persons life, except for his end choices, which are despicable. To put his wife and step daughter in a life threatening situation, then to take a plane and attempt to kill other people(who are doing their jobs as part of that society) is a failure in life. That's my opinion. And that strikes to be more about my personal feelings and life style more than his. I can not see any justification for killing people.

He should have taken a more positive approach to tackling the issues that he feels are destroying the country. But if it was a immense overwhelming crash of all his personal feelings then the political issues are not the only ones there in my opinion. And he acted wrongly.

My opinion :)

18. nos nomed

nos nomed Well-Known Member

Nutjob is entirely wrong and everyone here knows that. What he did is horrible and wrong but he wasn't crazy at least not up until the past week or month. Everyone here knows the most dangerous people aren't the ones who have been crazy because they usually understand the feeling a little bit better and are usually less prone to sporadic acts of terrorism unless they get the wrong medicine, what this was was a completely normal man push to his mental limit. Stress had overwhelmed him and in his panic he believed he was making a right decision. Just like most suicides are people with no history of depression but attempts are usually more common with people with history of it.

The thing that got me was every radio host I heard talk about it kept saying it wasn't an act of terror. I was like a guy crashes a plane into a building in an attempt to injure, incite fear, panic, and chaos. Have people forgotten what terrorism actually means in this country it doesn't mean Al Queda. This guy was clearly a terrorist and everyone knew it was only a matter of time before copycats started trying to emulate 9/11. Just like they did with the postal bombings, anthrax scare, and I'm sure quite a few other terrorist acts that have happened in the past.

19. Bob26003

I agree, he wasn't technically crazy. But of course, wanting to killl innocents IS crazy, is it not?

And yes, he attacked civilians to make a political point. that is exactly what terrorism is

20. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

This seems to be opening up to a much larger debate on what defines 'crazy' in a pathological sense versus what is merely the result of a normal person being driven to that point.

If you ask me, we'd best wait for more details to surface before we draw any definitive conclusion. In my opinion, though, you'd have to have to be mentally troubled to some degree to commit an act of this nature. Even if it was stress, frustration, or some other form of emotional duress, very few people are liable to go this far as a result.

Millions of Americans are poor, unemployed, and otherwise hurting. But the overwhelming majority would never be driven this over the edge. There may very well be a troubled history we have yet to learn about.

It's interesting how we show sympathy to this individual for crashing a plane into a building, but none whatsoever to those who committed 9/11, whom one could very well argue were also normal people pushed to the limit by the oppression of society (for the record I'm not condoning 9/11, I'm just making a point concerning moral relativism). I suppose the fact that few were killed in this IRS attack might also have tempered some rage against him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.