Suicide crisis lines

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kushioncut, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kushioncut

kushioncut Active Member

Are there any crisis lines that dont just answer your call, but ask where you are calling from and then forwaard your call to the one nearest you?
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am unsure kushioncut, but I think they can put you in touch with helplines or resources closer to you if they are available.
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I know that the one I have association to definitely will refer callers to their nearest and most appropriate crisis line, or similar.
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I do not believe so, but do not take my words as anything more than assumption; I assume help lines and the such as being part of a hive structure (that is, housed in one locale for each state or territory that you called in to depending on state/territory number much like telecommunications) and forward your call(s) to each independent resource that fits your needs within the same building. Any specific mental health centers would have to be recommended and have you put a call in to personally.
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think the answer will be different, depending on where you live and what sorts of lines are available. For example, I live in a HUGE metropolitan area and there seems to be a crisis line in each suburban division. But in other parts of the country, there is a centralized service. So, if there is a national crisis line you can call, they might redirect you to something more local. :dunno:

If you need to talk "live and in person," a crisis line is a good bet. Stay safe, kushioncut. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.