Suicide/Depression on Oprah

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bostonensis, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I saw Oprah today & the topic tomorrow is about Suicide & depression ,maybe she can shed light for us.We are in the East Coast the show will be on 4pm EST.Good night everyone,we'll check with you tomorrow. Lets all go to bed early part of escaping reality for me.Good night

2. Tara

Tara Guest

well i wont be able to see that.tell us about it?

3. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I try my best. I keep writing Oprah about mothers who lost custody to their batterers she won't touch this topic.I think she is still in deep illusion that this only can happen becoz of society's stigma,that mothers who lost custody are deranged,substance abuse, abusive ,on & on & on.........Many children are now in the hands of sexual predators becoz of the Court. I lost my health along with all what I have in the fight to keep my son with me. This is all where it started. There is no justice in this land of the free.Its just a word to mesmerize.The story yesterday about the mother who is abused everyday & the 13 yr. old son is videotaping during the beating. I am numb ,I have no emotion when I saw that on 20/20.My X did not beat me but psychobattering is his tool. I have no bruises to show nor is a bleeding heart to prove.I can understand that about other animals but when I went to Court to seek refuge ,I was even more punished. In animal kingdom, what will the mama bear do if you attempt to take her babybear from her? Or the babywhale what would mother whale will do? This is my heart bleeding when I write these memories.I cannot celebrate Mother's day. the pain of these memories can drove me to kill . Please remember these women who killed themselves & her child rather than be alive knowing her daughter will be molested day & day out. MSNBC Online Predators prove the society we are mother whales /protector of the vulnerable & the Court label us lunatics ;how can a Father of the Year a child molester?When these men comes out travel 4 hrs. & knowing full well that it can be a sting operation & go ahead anyway for that little human body to molest,what is the chance of the little boy or girl inside his house ,next door to him,what is the chance? The only judge that have the common sense is the one in FLA to strip these men with parental rights. But the others are in deep illusion that they cannot do these to their own.Or the other theory is, pedophilia ring is way organized that we cannot touch them.
    Sorry for the long post.

4. This brings back memories. One of the reasons I found SF was when my friend told me about an episode on Oprah, where the topic was about suicide and the internet. Anyways, it was the one time I actually watched Oprah, since I dislike her so much for never responding to my aunt, who emailed to Oprah for help regarding my peripheral neuropathy.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  5. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

The public venerates her already.But I don't. I know she is giivng these money to people becoz she has no choice, the IRS is. So why not use it to publicize. There are millions of topics on humanitarian cause but she pick & chose what is best for the rating. She needs also to feed her audience of the lunacy of the desperate housewives. Mother Nature must give the taste of the reality to these people. Given a chance to be able to help just even half of hers I will support to clone more women as warriors of the inhumanity on this earth.

I don't know how many of you write to her & autoreply said due to the massive numbers of emails they cannot assure to respond? Well ,how irresponsible it or even make sense that she gave away all these money but cannot hire or ask for more volunteers State by State ,country by country to read these friggin emails. I am sure if she ask people to volunteer to sift thru all the emails ,what do you think is the response?

6. I think Oprah is a hypocrite, and even though I'm glad I found SF, I still think it is wrong of Oprah to even mention the topic of suicide on her show. I can't stand the thought of there being millions of suicidal desperate housewives watching her show, of course, they really aren't suicidal, though the thought of them being suicidal, is disturbing to me. There they are, having husbands, children, money, etc, yet they want to die, so they turn to Oprah for help. When they do, there is Oprah, with her fake caring look she makes when she knows it is "the moment", the one where the dramatism is, when the crowd is in tears over what they hear some "supposedly" poor family discuss about loss due to suicide, as they sit in chairs on the stage. Disgusting and pathetic how Oprah manipulates the family through scripted messages designed to capture the attention of the population who are viewing her show. Of course, I'm saying this knowing full well, I am jealous the show didn't contact my aunt in order to arrange for me to be on the show, so I'm a bit biased. Still, I despise Oprah very much and I will continue to do so, until the day she uses me on stage for the sake of ratings.

7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I don't take Oprah seriously and have only watched the show a few times for maybe five minutes at a time, though I may check this one out due to the topic. She's a pompous idiot, but I knew that from the get-go...The only thing I have a real problem with Oprah about her is introducing that fraud Dr. Phil to America. And if he's on I will not be watching.

8. I've only seen a few episodes of Dr. Phil's show, and I wasn't impressed by that either.

9. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Yeah Dr. Phil what a jackass he is .Every marital problem will be resolve on a free counselling. I cannot wait these people be given a reason to find the true meaning of charity. I like Princess D on this aspect of humanitarianism. She uses the media for her effort to advance her cause.Otherwise she hated the camera.She is a real human being.

10. I don't trust celebrities at all.

11. Adeline

Adeline Well-Known Member

I don't know guys. I think that Oprah does have her heart in the right place. I don't know about Dr. Phil. He can a bit arrogant and harsh at times. Hes a bit too much for me sometimes but Oprah isn't the worst. Suicide is a touchy subject though. I hope that Oprah uses her shows to educate people on suicide awareness in their community.

12. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I HATE Dr. Phil. Once my mom was watching it and they had cutters on the show. He just kept making this one girl feel like shit. He kept going on about how she was ruining her family and making everyone upset and junk. As if she wasn't already feeling guilty!!

13. Dr. Phil and Oprah will never know what it is like to cut, so they should both shutup about it.

14. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I watch the show.I think there is a huge company behind it. The show is advoacting a new procedure called ECT. I hope I am wrong. The guests are all hollywood actors & writers.All of them has few bucks to plug into. This show always cater to the middle class & the poorest of the poor is only once & a while. I also watch the message board .I keep on posting about the lessons I learned from my Dad & one of them is when kindness is done in anonymity the greatest reward is no reward at all. The moderator will not post it. So I know.........Go Rosie

15. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

I watched it for about 60 seconds before turning the channel. Hope it helped someone, though.

16. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

ECT is an abbreviation for Electro Convulsive Therapy, i.e. shock therapy. Its been around a long time in one form or another.

The impression I got was that the first woman was faking it, somehow. Sorry if that seems harsh but she just didn't come across as sincere. Shoving her daughter in front of the camera also rubbed me the wrong way. Almost like they were trying to launch her acting career this way or something.

I think the third guy has problems above and beyond depression, as in being psychotic or something else. Hell, at one point they admited he was basically catatonic for a while, didn't they? I hope he's getting the treatment he needs, though it didn't seem like it from what they showed. I also am willing to cut his wife a break, she seemed pretty sincere. Even if they kept cutting to all these stupid shots of her on some red carpet or other.

I felt very sorry for the Country & western singer. He seemed like a decent guy, trying to do his best after his wife's suicide. (Funny I should say this, since I can't stand that kind of music.) Note that his kids were never put on camera, doubtless the Oprah people were dying to do this.

And that annoying psychologist they kept panning to? I don't think I can say anything without violating SF's ToS. :wink: All I can say in her favor is that she wasn't Dr. Phil.

I'm not a Rosie fan, sorry. The weird stuff she said didn't bother me one way or the other until she made that claim about 9/11 being an inside job. That bothered me.

17. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I posted almost 15 messages on the Oprah Board last night ,not one is up there. There you go.

18. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

People, Oprah must get 20,000 emails and more letters per day. Do not take it personally that she cannot personally read and respond to each one. She has been raped, molested by family members and rose above it to actually try and help people. I get the impression that she really does care about people, but she's not going to be Gandhi or Mother Theresa. To me, she seems like a good person who tries to bring hope and joy into the world. She helps many, many people, and has talked about things on national television that most of us would be unwilling to tell ANYONE. Give her a break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.