Suicide Depression presentation in High School

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by geolab101, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

I'm out of high school but a group i was working with is going to do a presentation about suicide and depression. I would love to hear what you guys think should be in this presentation.

Like what do you wish people would have done for you? What could have better? What did you like? What did the opposite of helping?

Anyway if you would like to share some ideas I would appreciate it.

Here's an example from my own experience:
    I was doing terribly I was in high school. I felt really isolated and alone. It would have helped me if my friends were mature enough to reach out to me when it was clear I wasn't acting normal.

I will pass all of the information on to the group's advisor.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

forcing someone to go to counseling is the opposite to helping.
    teachers should be aware of the signs and symptoms of depression to be able to notice any of their students behaving out of character.
    the students should be made aware that they *really don't* have to suffer in silence and that there is help for them.
    teens dont like to talk about their feelings so they should be taught to have at least 1 person they can confide in when they are feeling low.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

There are many wonderful presentations available for high school students on the web...if you would like to go over the content of them, please PM me...all the best, J

4. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

thanks for the imput. i passed the information right along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.