suicide do you go to hell or heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this subject. If you kill yourself do you still go to heaven ? or do you go to hell ? I have been told you go to hell but i cant get my head around that. Why if you have been a good person why should you go to hell for ending your own pain that you cant cope with anymore ??? This subject really bothers me and it would be great to get some peoples opinions thanks .

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
a great many topics have been started on this forum on the subject
instead of the back and forth arguments that are sure to come from giving opinions... I'll just give you this link http://near-death.com.
Check it out. They even have a section specifically for suicide.

love, Spencer
:heart:

shades

Staff Alumni
I know what most religions feel about this, but as I am not religious, my question to you would be what if it is neither...just like before you were born?
Would you still be worried about it? I'm not trying to screw with anyone here...just posing an alternate thought process. Right now, the inability to know for certain is just as frightening to me as anything else.

i dont go to church at all but i believe i am a good person just want to end my life not hurt others intentionally. i get really pissed of that most church people will say you go to hell for killing yourself but if you rape or molested someone or kill someone if you ask for forgiveness you will go to heaven. WTF is all that about. that just gets me wild that sick arseholes can destroy lives then ask for forgiveness and go to heaven. Yet if my life is made unbearable because of things that have happened that no one should ever have to deal with and i kill myself i go to hell ???? if there is a god i dont understand his or her way of thinking. Why does god let people suffer and let children get sick and die and suffer from starvation etc etc. why does god let the evil in the world walk among us. i find life so diappointing. people are so after what they can get. no one seems to care anymore. people just turn a blind eye to everything living meaningless lives. buying the new fashions new gadgets going out trying to all out do eachother. Are they really happy ? or do they go home at night alone and cry ?? i always wonder. How can anyone be happy in a world full of hate death and gread. if i was god i would be so ashamed of what i have created

instead of the back and forth arguments that are sure to come from giving opinions... I'll just give you this link http://near-death.com.

love, Spencer
:heart:
Thankyou for this link its very interesting will look at it tonight when i have more time

aoeu

I don't feel that suicide is either a fundamentally good or bad decision... Any just god would forgive you for ending the Hell on Earth that the suicidal experience.

Regenesis

There is no hell or heaven.As for NDE's,there is a study called lab report,that showed how subconstent makes all those ilusions.They even managed to induce NDE's during coma.Even the people that saw elements that didn't see while they were awake,or who saw what doctors are doing while they are in a coma,also have a scientific experience.
What many religious people avoiud telling,is the fact that pilots of airplanes(those fast military airplanes) or pilots of space ships that take of,also experience those illusions for a few moments.And there are many references to these ones.
I know you won't agree,but NDE's have other explanations that supernatural ones.And let's not forget that some religious people might just as well lie about thos to get attention.Just like those freaks that are "kidnnaped" by aliens.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I beleive you go to the spirit world and are reincarnated until you find the true meaning of life.. Only then will you be admitted into the spirit world..

I beleive you go to the spirit world and are reincarnated until you find the true meaning of life.. Only then will you be admitted into the spirit world..
that is what angers me so much, you want to die but god brings you back, it feels pointless trying to end your life when god forces you to go through the same pain in another new life, it's not fair.

G

Godsdrummer

My belief on this topic is that if you were completely sane when you ended your life then you might go to hell. And vice versa, if you are suffering from some type of mental disorder, then you are not acting correctly, or making correct decisions when you end your life. I believe that God would not punish a person who made that mistake due to a mental error.

And since I further believe it is not possible to be sane when one commits suicide, everyone who does, goes to Heaven.

I do not believ in heaven or hell, i think they were made to force people to be morally good, which would answer why you cant get around why its wrong to kill yourself if your a good person at heart, cause there is nothing after death. how could there be?you cease to exsist biologicaly, and theres noway your conciousness could still be supported.
Well none that i have come across anyway

G

Godsdrummer

there is no God. How can you say that with certainty? I can no more prove God's existence than you have proof against it.
The question of God is one of faith. However there is so much more circumstantial evidence for the existence of God than there is against, and add to that that trillions of people for thousands upon thousands of years have believed in him, I tend to go on the side of that there has to be a God.

Regenesis

The question of God is one of faith
Faith is required when nobody has any proof that they are correct.
However there is so much more circumstantial evidence for the existence of God than there is against
What you call circumstatial evidence,is actually fenomens that we don't yet understand.Just as in the past people thought Zeus makes thunders.Also,Einstein believed in a Pantheist god,and acording to that,no heaven or hell exists.It just is.What if that is the real God?
trillions of people for thousands upon thousands of years have believed in him, I tend to go on the side of that there has to be a God.
You know what fundamentalist christians say?They say that all non-christians go to hell because only christianity is the true religion.

Do you know what muslims say?The say that all non-muslims go to hell.And its specified in the Quaran that christians will go to hell.

Just like all the other religions.
Everyone had their set of punishment and reward.That is because religions are just made to control people thru fear.Nothing more.

wastedmylife

The question of God is one of faith. However there is so much more circumstantial evidence for the existence of God than there is against, and add to that that trillions of people for thousands upon thousands of years have believed in him, I tend to go on the side of that there has to be a God.

people thought the world was flat and people needed an answer for the unexplainable, the judeo-muslim-christian is only a few thousand years old while people have been around for millions

only reason why religion is so popular is because the people who really have control dont want you to think

there is no God. How can you say that with certainty? I can no more prove God's existence than you have proof against it.
Perhaps, but there is much more evidence against it than for it.

For example: Any thing about religion that can be disproven will be or has already been.

The earth is not flat, it is not 6,000 years old, and the sun does not revolve around the earth.

The only reason god cannot be disproven is because it is just an idea that has never had any evidence to support it.

It cannot be disproven in the same way that you cannot disprove that I am thinking about pancakes.

Plus, since there are so many thousands of religions, what are the chances that any one of them is right?

Only one can be, not enough IMO to put your faith in a single one.

Not trying to start an arguement here, just some food for thought.

G

Godsdrummer

Perhaps, but there is much more evidence against it than for it.

For example: Any thing about religion that can be disproven will be or has already been.

The earth is not flat, it is not 6,000 years old, and the sun does not revolve around the earth.

The only reason god cannot be disproven is because it is just an idea that has never had any evidence to support it.

It cannot be disproven in the same way that you cannot disprove that I am thinking about pancakes.

Plus, since there are so many thousands of religions, what are the chances that any one of them is right?

Only one can be, not enough IMO to put your faith in a single one.

Not trying to start an arguement here, just some food for thought.
Yep I think we need to avoid the argument on religion like avoiding the plague!:smile:

Suffice it to say that we have differing opinions, and rightly so. We are allowed our beliefs and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00