Suicide does NOT reflect insanity

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by turbomangt, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbomangt

turbomangt New Member

Hi, my first post, just came out of the hospital, threatened to harm myself, I came close but didn't have the courage. I have been depressed for a long time, been on all sorts of meds, therapy, doctors. I think I have able to self analize myself. I believe that when life offers no hope, no solution that makes you feel whole/loved/secure people like myself thick suicide is the answer, this is not an insane throught. Its perfectly logical. If you are on a road, and come to a fork with two options, one is the path to hell, the other is to happiness, but its blocked. What would you rather do? feeling nothing is better than going to hell. In time I might talk about my life (and bore you to death) just wondered if this makes sense to anyone else? For now I just try to cope day by day.........turbo
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Suicide in no way means someone is insane, it can mean they are hurting inside (amongst many other things), which is totally different. I am not saying it's logical or rational because many illnesses can cloud what is real and rational.

Would you like to talk to us about why you feel life is so bad at the moment?

You mention about no hope, do you feel you have no hope?

In my opinion the road to happiness is never fully blocked. It might be hard to get through, you might have to dig, or climb, or move rocks, or get a whole team of people to help you move the blockage, but it can always be moved if you want it enough. Sure, moving huge obstacles is not easy, won't be quick and can be exhausting and tiring, but that does not mean it is not achievable.

It's great that you are fighting. looking at life day to day, or sometimes less, is often the best way to cope and get through when things seem bad.

Could you maybe try and do something each day to help you holding on? Like something positive? Having a goal, or aim, or focus can make it easier to fight.

Hang in there and take care
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

oh, and welcome to SF :)
  4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I don't think that its an insane thought at all however I don't think that because you don't feel loved, whole or secure that it's the only answer. I think you have to find a better answer because ending it all is final, granted that's what some people want at the time, but if they survive that attempt they might be filled with regret because they realized that their were more choices out there.

What would I rather do?? I'd rather find help even when I'm down. So down to thepoint wher eI don't want to get back up..i try and find someone willing to listen and help me throught he pain. And yes your thread makes perfect sense. I think through people's pain suicide is a very sane thought, one of the sanest to that person..but I still don't believe it's the only option

best of luck here hun :hug:
  5. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

The only things that can be said about the person who tried to kill himself is that s/he felt really depressed, sad, frustrated, anxious, unhappy and thought that there is no way out of his/her problems. Those are the only things that can be said about the person. By no means suicide doesnt reflect the personas insanity! Of course it can be done by a crazy person too, there is no doubt about it, but as far as i know about 90% of suicides are done by normal people or people who had disorders like depression, personality disorders and such, but were NOT insane!
  6. turbomangt

turbomangt New Member

yes, people here who deal with what we are talking about understand, however all too to often others, don't. the pain and suffering of depression is understood by the person who has it, even support people many times don't get it. if I spent time in a mental ward (which I have several times) does that make me insane? I don't think so. however I shared the floor with some that were, The line is thin, often even the doctors don't know sane from insane. Its easy for someone to say, he killed himself he must of been crazy messed up. out of time for now.................
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.