Suicide Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
Not to minimize the low pay and high pressure these young workers are laboring under but I understand the workers had problems adjusting from rural upbringings and some of the suicides were the result of, in addition, romantic breakups.

Issaccs

This hardly surprises me.
Common practise in these factories is for you too stand for four hours, forbidden to talk, forbidden to piss with every part of you covered except your eyes in highly sterile, warm environments doing repetitive tasks too fiddly for machines to programmed to do efficiently.
All these workers gain at the end of the day is enough for accommodations, an amount of food that most westerners would consider too little for even a child and then they usually STILL find a way to send it back to the farming families they had to leave so that they can afford a little more food too.

The issue isnt the suicides here, too be honest I believe it would break 99% of the people both posting on here and in the western world, the issue is that for the damned electronics, the new Ipads people where queuing outside doors for this week and the $39.99 MP3 players, your TV's and remotes and even the computers that allow us to post you are contributing to slavery. (Inb4 thats the only life they know) It doesnt make it fucking right.

I wonder now if their are such things as Ethical Electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00