Suicide for Permanent Problems

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Anonymous2, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

Most of us agree that suicide is a bad solution to deal with temporary problems; however, what if the problems are permanent.?

In my opinion, suicide is a rational and justified method to deal with permanent (lifelong) problems.

Do you agree?

2. jnick

jnick Well-Known Member

I got really tired of hearing the cliche that "suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems." I have some permanent skin damage inflicted by my OCD causing me to rub and irritate my face. So yeah I can relate in that aspect. I just wanted to say, so how is this temporary? "This too shall pass" also pissed me off. Pass how? I think accepting various states of disrepair is the key, but I have not been able to do so successfully. I dont agree or disagree as I am still on the fence about it, but I understand the concept all too well. Feel free to PM if you want to expand on the topic.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hate the cliche as well hun but suicide to be in not a solution it is an end

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

15 years ago when I attemtped as the only thing I could do (so I thought) I did so because I believed my problems would always be so devastatingly permanent and there was no way out. But I was wrong. I've since been shown how wrong - and why. (I didn't know the 'why' before). The main thing to realise is, however painful it is to face - and truth can be excruciatingly painful when it shows you stuff - there are actually no hopeless situations, there are only people who have become hopeless about their situation.
    And everything, but everything depends upon our beliefs. If you sincerely believe your situation is permanent, and always will be for the rest of your life - you are (to coin an expression) cutting yourself off at the knees.

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

WONDERFUL and very insightful response. Wisdom is part of a solution to things that seem wrong. You are indeed wise.

6. DepressedDave

DepressedDave Member

Dude. Permanent skin problem from rubbing your face?

Is that even possible?

Assuming it is possible from some kind of friction burn, skin itself is continuously regenerating, so not even scars are permanent.

There are some extremely, extremely effective laser treatments for scars nowadays. Trust me, I've tried them.

7. Why would you try laser treatments for scars if scars are not permanent anyway? Surely if you truly believed that scars weren't permanent then they'd fade away (by your skin continuously regenerating) and you wouldn't consider laser treatments?

Surface scars will heal and fade. Those that are deeper will not.

8. youRprecious!

Thank you PWA - the wisdom has had to be dug for - like gold and diamonds, we tend not to find it walking along the pavement hoping we're going to stumble on some :) The best thing about having been so devastatingly desperate was that it forced me into doing the digging. That is why, all trials can be turned to gold :)

9. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

And we all know what a diamond looks like before it is polished.
    It takes work (polishing) to make it shine.

10. youRprecious!

That's totally true PW - the diamond has been, still is, and always will be - a very precious symbol to me in my psych healing..... The most precious ones have the least "inclusions" (I've done some research into the cutting business, lol!) because they reflect more light, whereas inclusions absorb light.

I read somewhere yesterday from someone: " Where there is no love, plant love, and you will find love".

And, working on our own "inclusions" helps in the light-and-love-reflecting process - and is, actually, what can transform this sad world we read about daily in the news :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.