Suicide Forum Contest 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have gotten the permission from admin to run another forum competition woohoo, that means an awesome present supplied by me to whomever wins :)

Post here either why you love sf or how sf has helped you. I do not know what the present will be yet, I will choose the present as soon as I know who the winner(for gender reasons etc) is and will personally post it to them, this is just for a bit of fun and as us Irish say, a bit of craic :) A light hearted competition to bring the mood up here in SF =)

Only serious entries will be entered into the drawing. Entries close on the 29th of July

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Re: Suicide Forum contest 2015

I'm in and I will pm you my response on how it has helped me. This is a good idea.

3. Petal

Thank you PB and I will look forward to your PM :)

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Petal, while I will pass on the contest, I wanted to tell you that I think this is a love-ly idea. Congratulations on having such a good heart ! Because a good heart is always a winner

5. Petal

Awww flowers you are so very sweet! Thank you so much <3

6. Petal

Sorry to make a slight change but entries now must be public so the community can benefit from the competition.

7. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

I plan to win!!

8. Petal

C'mon guys and girls, get posting....and good luck :)

9. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I love SF cause you can curse your fuckin head off and no one will give you any shit, and if they do, you can tell em to go fuck themselves, and as we Scottish say, go fuck yourself.

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well, I was feeling pretty hopeless before I joined. It really got bad last year, and I had promised someone here that I would try therapy. So I did that, and it led to meeting new people, being more confident, and getting on medication that helps with anxiety and sometimes depression. I still have my down days, but things are better than they were before. Most of it has been the effort I put into it, but I don't think I could have done it without peoples' support. So I feel that is how SF has helped me.

11. Petal

:bump: keep the entries coming =)

12. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

SF had been amazing. It has allowed me to make friends around the world. England, Ireland, South Africa, Canada, and India are just a few places. And of course more friends in the US of A where I live. I was actually able to convince the powers that be that I was stable enough to act as a chat monitor. That has allowed me to contribute more to the site.

But now I will risk offending some people. Please accept my apologies in advance if I do. So many people are in such pain. But many of the reasons some SF people have listed for wanting to take their own life have seemed trivial or unimportant to me. While saying that, I do acknowledge that they are NOT in the least bit trivial or unimportant to those going through them. But what this allowed me to do was to reflect more on my own reasons for wanting to end my life. And set me to wondering how trivial and unimportant my reasons may seem to others, especially my family and friends. This thought, that others may view my reasons as unimportant and not good reasons for ending my life, has helped stay my hand when it comes to making an attempt.

In addition, hearing some of the stories of people who have survived an attempt only to wind up with organ damage or disabled for life, have given me second thoughts when it comes to attempting.

And, of course, this is the most supportive group of people I have ever been around.

13. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

I love SF because everybody is willing to just listen to what I want to say, and that means the world to me and I'm sure plenty of people here!

14. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I cannot really put into words how this site has helped me. OMG it kept me sane really when my bro suicided it help me when i was thrown away by other forums
    Here no one judge me NO ONE judged me I had an outlet for my pain in that i could write down what was happening I also could reach out to others that were suffering as i was so i did not feel so alone
    I remembered being offered the position more then once to moderate but i did not feel i was worthy enough to do so or intelligent enough but in time i accepted
    Just want to thank everyone that saw something in me i did not
    I am quiet these days i still hold so much sadness inside me but i do see so much caring here that i do not see in real world
    I see people truly trying to help each other through the darkest part of their lives.
    I still have suicidal feelings and when i get so low i feel i cannot continue on i post the pain here no judgement
    Thanks to all the members and the staff this place helps one hold on to that rope a little longer it gives one a moment to think before reacting or until the pain lessens some
    take care ok take care of YOU because you are all so special take care.

15. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am not in competition ok i just wanted to respond the question asked.

16. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I love SF because I know where the cookie jar is hidden. :bear_hula:

17. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I love SF for the range of stupidly entertaining emotes :triumphant:

18. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Are you doing like a number drawing or another way to determine the winner? Sorry if that sounds dumb, just curious :p

19. Petal

The winner will be chosen using a randomizer, not a stupid question at all hun. Initially I was going to choose the winner then decided with some great entries it wouldn't be fair so yeah...at random :)

20. Petal

So far we have 7 entries, keep them coming!!! Staff can enter too!

Prinnctopher's Belt - This one was in PM before the rule of it having to be posted here. It still counts, it wouldn't be fair if it wasn't :)
    koji
    Witty_Sarcasm
    panzer759
    lost81
    cicada 3301
    sillyoldbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.