Suicide Forum Dating??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhayes0027

I think it could be a good or bad thing. Gotta keep in mind that a lot of people develop relationships with people over the internet, on various types of forums, but never have the opportunity to really meet or anything. I know there have been times in the past I would start to feel for someone by just simply talking to them daily on Messenger or something. Then one day out of the blue, would have to move, or they would move, lose internet, etc... By the time I'd come back or they would come back the other would have already found other interest or just moved on entirely. I know I've not had friends logon for a while so I'll stop logging on. Gets depressing waiting for them forever and ever, then one day they just pop back up somewhere out of the blue. Making it all worse.

Internet dating is ok if you can put forth the commitment to stay in contact. It's just too easy to lose contact at times for certain people. I myself don't really enjoy having a phone or hearing it ring and am very shy when talking on it, so I never had a number to give out to keep in contact with. Even then, it's easy to lose a number.

Just saying, it's easy to start to have feelings for someone you talk to on a daily basis, but hard to give up those feelings when someone miles and miles away suddenly disappears for an extended period of time. Which wouldn't help the purpose we come to this site in the first place. Would most likely make the depression worse.

Ptitz

SF is NOT a dating site!
And I'm tired of people treating it that way... you've got loads 'match.com' etc.
This is supposed to be a place for people who feel suicidal... not for people who want to get laid...
so what, if youre suicidal you cant get laid? thats kinda harsh... ha.

but ye, meeting people from internet is weird. internet and real life shouldnt mix.

BriGuy

Antiquities Friend
Well let's see... IF someone could even LOVE me, which won't happen. And IF I could love someone... which won't happen again. I would think I would be very comfortable with someone from SF... they KNOW how I feel, what I am going thru!

But since I can't see love ever happening for me again... it doesn't really matter!

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
kk briguy

settle down
lol

you are very lovable. in case you do not know

((btw i am not a guy. but i still know who you are inside))

the rest of this stuff??
i'm soooo taking the high road - :rolleyes:

Avarice

Eh, I'm not sure really. People will form relationships online whether you have a designated subforum for it or not. The subforum just directs the public romance a bit more.

But seriously, just let love find you, rather than go looking for it. Nobody needs a partner, and there are plenty of people here to talk to about your problems as it is. Getting romantically involved when at a place like this is a tough thing to do, as it could potentially add to your problems rather than help solve them. I can even see a possible influx of suicide pacts?

Seriously, love happens when it happens. It is not intended to be planned and a subforum would be too much of a risk and not worth the possible few positive outcomes it could bring.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I wish I could date someone from here.
We could stay in bed together forever because we just don't have the energy to get out. And it would be ok.
Misery loves company.
We could watch movies all day and drink lots of alcohol.
We could slowly kill ourselves with our depression and maybe some drugs.

I really wish I could date someone who was also suicidal. My friend Katie is suicidal. I brought up us dating a couple times but she's 26 and I'm 20 so I think the age difference was a bit much for her. I do love her a lot though. She asked me to hang out tonight and my heart jumped up into my throat. I am scared to death of the phone call I'll get tomorrow saying that she fell asleep and she was sorry. That always happens to me. I don't want it to be a self-fulfilling prophecy though so I won't say anymore about it :laugh:, and sorry for my little rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00