suicide forum this site

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by skyred, Nov 30, 2010.

1. skyred

skyred Active Member

Hey everyone: sure this is going to come as a big shock to you!! But ihave to ask you all something?? What the hell do you think you are doing??? I have seen so many people come into the chat rooms and talk about everything! Even that someone has taken alot of pills and is you know what some people get when they say that?? they get hugs and words of encouragement and hope and alot more. That only is done when you are part of the little cliq or whatever! I was in chat the other day and everyone was just talking about nothing really...when a guy or gal ..not sure...came in and said pretty much the same thing. So why then did everyone jump on him/her and tell em hey take that shit to triggering!!! What the f? maybe he was really despressed and just needed a damn hug or a kind word...but none of you even bothered with em. Yes i know i can be a jerk or whatever some times ..thats a given ok? In fact next week i am outa here! So i have only one question for you all....WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? Get off your high horses or over yourselfs and take a minute just a minute to be considerate or kind to someone who aint in your damn group!!!!
  2. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

well life is cruel... so fucking cruel

and saving life is hard as fuck! And being nice is a sign of weakness in some idiots minds...

But youre right, we all should play nice..

3. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

skyred, Im sorry that you had a bad time in chat. Im not going to make excuses for anyone!!

I wish you would stay, yes Ive met some assholes on this site, but this site is also FULL of loving and understanding people that do care and want to do anything they can to help.

Im here if you ever want to talk. PM anytime.
  4. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

people are people... everywhereee

This has been an issue from time to time. New groups form, arguments happen, groups fall apart, no groups, then new groups form... it's just how things work everywhere. Just be you :) Be better than the social contraints and limitations that come with such groups. And do your best not to let it affect you. Thats the most important thing you can do.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Chat's always been an issue. It's not usually a great place to go for support, it's more just for chatting...
  6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

That is just the way that chat is. Whether or not/the amount of support you will get is based mostly on your social standing within the chat.

That is why you will see one member say they are suicidal and be showered with positive thoughts and feelings, and another member say the same and just be ignored until they leave.

It's unfortunate, but it is how life is. Humans form groups, and only care for the members of said group, this site's chat is no different.

So ultimately I would say either find a way into the group on chat or don't try to use it for support.
  7. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue.
  8. Kirsty_Ann

Kirsty_Ann Well-Known Member

i'm really sad to read these, it is really hard when people aren't compassionate.
    Admittedly i've never been on chat so i don't know what it is like, but anyone is always free to pm me or write a message on my wall and i will reply.
    Sorry you had a bad experience on here too. . . it is bad enough in everyday life,
    lots of :hugtackles:
  9. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Well surely at least one person talked to that person? I mean, if we're all on our high horses, and you're so disgusted by our behaviour, surely you talked to that person?
  10. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

That's the problem with the chatroom rules. You're not allowed to discuss triggering topics in the main chatroom, even though this is a Suicide Support Forum. The 'cliques' only like talking about everyday mundane things and if someone new comes in, they don't really help.
  11. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Yeah chat is intimidating. It is a lot like cliques.
    I've been ignored lots of time when trying to
    Make convo ;D because no one knows me.
    The forum is better.