Suicide: Friend of Mine

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Silvio, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

I'm really worried about this friend of mine, she's only 13-14, she self-harms herself and she is suicidal, we do talk on msn quite a bit. I do know this girl in person. The problem is she normally goes on msn and myspace, however she hasn't been on them for days, simply put, I'm having all these negative thoughts and feelings that maybe she gave in to the urges. I really do hope that, that isn't the case, I just hope she's okay. I mean I've never lost a person I knew, to suicide before, the last words I said to her were "I'll always be there for you, if you need me", I know there's also the prospect that I'm being over-dramatic and that she probably hasn't.
    I mean, I can call her mobile phone, but I'm extremely afraid that I might have to endure bad news and if she really is gone, then I'll be blaming myself, for not being there for her, like I promised her. I really do hope, she's okay, wish I had the courage to call her and see how she's going.
  2. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

I know from personal experience that sometimes you meeta person or you have friend that you feel really protective of and you wanna be able to just keep them under your wing...but you can't be there every second :/

If she does something harmful to herself, after you've shown her that she is loved, that there is good reason for her to live, that her death would send massive shockwaves thru the people that knew her...then it's her fault.
    If she does than you did all you could.

Not to say that she has, of course :p You know...she could just be having a really rough spot. The same one that most 13 year old girls have. Ever seen the movie "Thirteen?" I just thought of that.
  3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there..
    it sounds like ur a really good friend 2 this person and u care alot 4 them.. recently i was really worried about some1.. that i thought may have/or was going 2 do the same..
    even though iv felt like it alot i struggled 2 support them-mainly coz i wasnt in a great place myself..
    i asked a friend about it and they said what i knew but didnt want 2 accept really.. and thats that every1 is .. at the end of the day responsible for their own lives.. yes-we can do everything 2 support them and be there whenever they need us.. but ultimately it wont be us who decides if another person does do it..its really sad - but i guess on forums such as this there are so many that want 2 take their included at the reality may be that if we stay around long enough we will talk/try 2 support some1 that does do it..
    as samsara said.. she could just be having a rough time and want some space from every1.. if u do manage 2 call- it could be good 4 u 2 know what is happening.. but if u feel like u could get triggered from bad news then i think it would be best not 2 call..
    i really hope ur friend is ok .. and i hope u are aswel .. all the best :hug:
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm dealiing with the loss of my best friend to suicide as I write this. It's been less than 2 days. His communications with me tailed off just before he went through with it.

If you have her number you should call. Even if the news is not good, you need to find out so that you don't have to carry the burden of not knowing.

You've been there for her and this site is here for you. If you want to send me a private message please feel free to do so.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If your concerned for your friend the be a friend and call emergency for her to get her some help or tell her parents so they can give her the councilling she needs the therapy she needs. I know you thing she will be upset with you but rather that then her doing something you can't undo. Get her adult support now. take care let us know how you are doing okay
  6. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

Thanks for giving your responses, she has received the maximum support already, gone to the hospital and goes to see a counsellor.
    I still haven't heard from her yet, I tried calling her but then when it started to ring, I cancelled the call, my heart just picked up a pulse. argh....fuck I hate myself so much, all I can do is hope she's well.
  7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

why blame yourself?If she did go(which I hope is not the case)You kept her going for a little bit longer.I would not be writing this if I never found this place.I'm hopeles and I'm young.All you people who say"your young and have a long time to live"Why would I want to live any longer if I'm suicidal...Im already screwed.
  8. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Please don’t blame yourself dear, you have done everything you can do to support her. I hope you find the strength to call her again. There is never a quick fix to mental health issues-but that doesn’t mean that she will always be unwell, therapy takes time. Perhaps even a change of scene is needed, it won’t be long now till she finishes her schooling and maybe whatever is to come next will do her the world of good. I hope that she is ok.

Please let us know if you get hold of her :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.