Suicide Ideology?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ghost, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost

ghost Member

I just been watching this film called "The Eye", some scary asian movie where this girl can see ghosts after this operation on her eyes, but anyway.

what they tried to say is these ghosts of people who killed themselves are trapped and the only way to release them is by resolving the issue that caused them to suicide (or something like that).

and then it makes me think, theres so much of this around saying that if you suicide you go to hell, and every religion says stuff like that but i'm not into religion but i do like to think something happens when we die.

but don't you hate this stuff that says things like that? i think people are manipulated into thinking these types of things by our society.

i would like to think whatever we do is our own choice, and you don't get punished, i think life feels like a punishment at times, and a lot of people would say so too, it's just like a bad dream that you can't wake up from.

but i wonder what other people think of it all, doesn't it scare you what may happen? i think it stops me from really doing something drastic at times but still feel manipulated

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hi :)

"Suicidal ideation" is what you're trying to say.

That rings a bell. What the title?

Yep. We are born and raised to fear an "all-loving," God. lol Something wrong there.

That's interesting; it ties in with my problem: I love to SLEEP. When I awaken the slings and arrows; emotional distress; and most of that intense sense of being alone sets in for me.

In sleep, there is finally peace.

I'm nowhere close to suicide but yeah I get what you mean Ghost.

ToHelp

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I agree with you ghost. I think that the major religions will say that if you commit suicide you will go to hell, because they want to scare you into not committing suicide. I think the movie that you watched is more accurate though. I've heard of people who can communicate with spirits, try to encourage them to 'cross over' to the other side. Many spirits remain trapped or attached to their surroundings.

4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Snap, I watched it early this morning as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.