suicide insurance

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by necrodude, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

if you could insure yourself in case of suicide would you? i would so that my sister, nephew and niece are taken care of.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This should probably be in the suicide forum section? :unsure:
  3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

nah. its just a question not business. plus in the suicide section it may be taken badly. just curious as to whether people thought they would consider it like an extra clause in life insurance, etc.
  4. afriendlyguy

afriendlyguy Well-Known Member

I have a life insurance in case of suicide, there is just a time elapsed required between the time you suscribe and the time you commit suicide :blink:
  5. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

That kind of defeats the object of the insurance. If you insure yourself against suicide its obvious you are thinking about it and become high rish, causing your premium to be sky high.
  6. afriendlyguy

afriendlyguy Well-Known Member

no, many life insurances cover suicide and they cover other deaths as well, and the premium is not that high :smile:
  7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

My insurance covers all kinds of deaths including suicide.
  8. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

wow thats kind of sick. its like they are actually condoning it. I thought suicide was a criminal offense, how can you insure against your own criminal actions?
  9. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Lol this would never work though, the only people who would buy it would be the people who were sure they were going through with it :tongue: So the insurance companies would go broke so fast...
  10. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

my brother was banking on the fact they wouldn't pay out,wont go into that in this section tho.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.