Suicide is for cowards...?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

How do you react when someone tell you in your face you're being a selfish coward for killing yourself?

I get VERY angry when people call suicide the cowards' way out. They say that, but none of them have the testicular fortitude to pull the plug. Life to me isn't some kind of bravery marathon. The end result is the same for everyone. No gold medal, no reward, nada, niente.
    Just my 2 cents, how about you guys?
  2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I agree with them to be honest.
  3. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

how dare you Boo, fu selfish coward :tongue:

/[irony off]
  4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm on to you...
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I agree with you Boo. Suicide isn't cowardly. There are many causes of depression, etc. As we continue to understand the human brain, so will our understanding of depression continue to grow.
  6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

The people that say that are those that have no idea what it feels like. They imagine it from their point of view because they're too egocentric to see past their own huge noses. They have no idea.
  7. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I dont think its cowardly but I do think its delusional way of thinking....
  8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Let them walk a mile in our shoes boo and then see what they say about it...
  9. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Firstly I ask them to come up with reasons WHY it's for cowards. Those who actually can present reasons have bad ones, which are easily deconstructed.

Bold, final statements, are usually based on nothing.
  10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

It's kinda true.
    I would agree with them-- then again, life is hard. Sometimes a person has to do the 'cowardly' thing just to get by.

And people aren't perfect.
    You can't possibly be brave and selfless at the same time- all the time. Even the most respectable person would find that hard to do.
  11. Things

Things Well-Known Member

The way I see it, suicide is cowardly the same way wanting relief from pain is cowardly. That is, not at all.
  12. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

^ Pretty much what I have to say about this.
    I get really mad when people walk around saying its a cowardly act for cowards.
    They don't know the person so they shouldn't be labeling them a coward.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Someone once called me selfish because I've never been in a relationship.

So yeah I'm really sorry, I'm so selfish because people don't like me... Why should I care what people think, what do they know?
  14. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

For me suicide was a way to escape the fact that I was chronically depressed and that such a chronic depression made my life rather boring. Suicide would have been the ticket to a good show for me really, but fortunately I found some things worth watching before such a terminal show appeals to me again.
  15. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

No, it's not!

Whos selfish? I'm not! I am thinking. Oh yeah, I am so thinking... what is going to happen with my dead untouched body, do they gonna mourn or just... garbage me..?
    Only I can say is that life isn't my "thing", i can't get any out of it like others does with their happy damn faces.

I person have rights (at a age of 18) to simply take decisions and folks should be more respectable whatever they are turning to, if you're seeing something, (I know it's your right to call the cops) just make them do their thing, please. That person is me you looking at and Ill do alone, thx.
  16. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

I don't think it's cowardly... In some respect it's probably the bravest thing a person can do... stepping into the unknown, as it were. I think the majority of people who make the statement 'Suicide is the cowards way out' don't fully understand mental illness and probably never will. Can you imagine trying to explain to somebody 'normal' that you just have this longing/need/impulse to be dead? I can't... and I'm not going to try.
  17. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

im neutral on this. i see both points of veiws.
    if someone thinks its cowardly..i wont correct them..
    but i do think.... if thats all they can say about suicide..
    that they have never felt the way people do when they kill themselves.
    i think its rather judgmental..and careless of them to say that
    without knowing exactly what it feels like.
  18. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I'f I had succeeded in killing myself it damn well would have been selfish, I cant imagine the hurt I would have inflicted on those who love me.
    As cowardice goes it would have been just as bad, I couldn't bare to go out and face the world because I was to scared of failure and rejection causing me more misery and to escape that I wanted to die and came very close.
    Today I look back and I find it embarrassing after having gone out and turned my life around.
  19. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Whoever says suicide is selfish should be hanged by one hand on the edge of the top of scyscraper 300 feet high. Amazingly how fast they change their mind when their fingers get tired and start losing the grip... :evil:
  20. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

It really depends on the person. There are some people that have killed themselves and you wonder how they made it as far as they did. I don't think anyone's going to condemn someone for that. It's when people think you'd rather die than go through the difficulty of dealing with your problems that the word coward comes out. Suicide is a decision, you can't really call it good or bad unless you know the circumstances that the decision was made under. I'm not saying you have to have been suicidal to make a call on it, because you don't, but it's probably justified more often than not if it gets to the point that actually pushes someone over the edge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.