Suicide is liberating?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ardo85, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardo85

Ardo85 Active Member

Often times I notice that just considering suicide can actually feel empowering and liberating. No matter how bad things get... suicide is always an option. I know this is probably not the most healthy idea to embrace, but have you ever felt this way?

2. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I used to remind myself of this through a lot of things, even now i always have it as a sort of last resort :S

3. CyberGlitch

CyberGlitch Member

That's my problem. Everytime I screw something up so bad I think there is no hope is fixing. I'm trying to show my wife I'm changing and trying to be a better person. Then I go and yell, argue and break shit like I use to. So, at that point I think there is no hope and think about ending it. If I can't really change then what's the whole point?

4. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

I have nobody wanting me anymore, I have tried EVERYTHING to help their out plus me, why am I doing so wrong with shits?? THEY betrayed me, not me but I needed help, just because I have mental problems..? Yea, thats why!

Do not think like that, you are like everyone else, I am still trying, I am not dead, THEY ARE!!! See yourself in future with children, house, money and a FUTURE, hopefully you're getting old, gets grandchildren, great grandchildren....

I wish I could, I have my scars are they gonna heal?? "Time heals all wounds" is bullshit , I have been feeling guilty and hopeless whole my life(21½ years), is that a lie??

Be careful, oke:) But as an answer to your question, yes it is, when you are not feeling anything it can be liberating, but also a terribly disaster, just try to fulfill your life with something, ANYTHING, hang-out with someone is meditation, be free!! No peace and love though but you are going to make it, ALIVE!!!!! :stars:

5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

You might 'feel' like its liberating in your darkest hours but surely most of us recall some kinda happiness in life - a time when we maybe wished sleep would pass quickly so we can get up and do whatever it is that creates some passion in us and creativity.

Others times we might not want to wake up.

Bear in mind everyone will feel like this at some point but if its going on and on then its not good and you might just be drawn into being your own enemy. Maybe not the worse, but if your not on your side its hard to feel good!

Suicide is not just about you. It is also a kind of judgement about the world. It says something about society also. After all a lot of people feel depressed due to poverty.

Suicide is not just about you in the sense that we're all connected, maybe by some tenuous link but its there all the same. I don't know anyone here socially but some will know you and those who know you and love you will be destroyed by your suicide. They will feel more pain that you ever would - so in a way you've traded the pain you feel for other people's pain. Maybe any thoughts of suicide being liberating are so obvious a lie that you'd spot it EASY if you were only feeling a little bit better.

If you could raise one single smile, just for a micro second - you'll know this talk of suicide being liberating is a lie. It's worse than "the cheque is in the post" or the classic "honey, I'll never cheat again".

Depression is a series of lies which you take on-board one by one. How do we start this off? Each has a different route towards actually thinking that they are no good or not worth the trouble. No matter what the reason for being down on yourself - the result is a LIE that we repeat to ourselves so much that it becomes wedged in the subconscious. Its a mantra that spins round and round, Om Nomi Padme Ommm, I am an f****** loser - repeat 1000 times and BOOM - you feel like a loser.

But seriously though, suicide is not just about you. I know people whose loved ones took that route. Different reasons, with some having mental illness that was simply not treated and others who had a bad time with some women. Unemployment is another and drug alcohol abuse more reasons that add up to the chaotic lifestyle that might be a prelude to suicide.

The parents of these poor souls, I know some fairly well. Well enough to have spoken about the subject, when they have opened up to me. The pain even after 30 years is still there. A part of you dies - try adding up the pain of losing a women and multiplying it 10000 times. Any parent of suicide victim would die in an instant to bring them back.

I've been to funerals were the parent has committed suicide. Seen children bravely stand and speak into some microphone to a packed church.

Like I say, you just bargain your own pain away to other people. It is a trade-off that can have consequences far reaching and linked to your not being here.

Once you are dead, your chance of helping others is gone. Don't underestimate the simple things we can all do to help others, depression or not. Don't use depression as some be-all excuse to just isolate yourself either. Internet is great for the subject matter we have on this forum but we need contact with others, not least because helping people in person and hearing a thanks is good for the soul.

So, hold on in there and try to set the alarm clock to as early as you can tomorrow. You can start afresh - time to spring clean people, and how long have you been meaning to clean those curtains anyhow!

Anything else you have on a list then make that list and start doing a few things. by the summer you'll have cleaned the house, tidied up nicely and can get back to or keep up with studying, maybe trying for a new job or a classic UK summer romance. Or a national romance of your own choice. I'm not Hitler so feel free to mingle. :rolleyes:

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

That's the problem with suicide. It seems like the perfect escape. But no one really knows what happens after death and how painful the death experience might actually be. Suicide liberates you from your current problems, but opens up a whole new set of problems.

7. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I always see it as a last resort if things become too bad. I know that's not good but it's better than feeling like I have no exit strategy.

8. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

yes to the point i look forward to it.

9. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Definitely. I've only felt 'actively suicidal' for short bursts throughout my life, but I'm always having suicidal ideations. It's like it gives me the courage to get through the day, because if everything falls to pieces, I know I have an escape.

Suicidal ideation isn't good though. It's a maladaptive coping behavior, which can clearly have dangerous consequences if it morphs into being actively suicidal. But also, when we're fantasizing about suicide, we're doing it to avoid feeling bad (sad/angry/scared/ashamed/etc etc) so we're not dealing with things healthily. It took me a long time to realize this, but we've got to let ourselves figure out how to feel these negative feeling emotions if we want to get mentally well. Honestly, it's the biggest roadblock in my recovery.

10. CyberGlitch

CyberGlitch Member

My last attempt there was a point it felt liberating. I finally got the cut deep enough and saw the blood spurtin out like crazy. At the time it felt as if the weight was lifted off my shoulders. This would finaly be it, no more pain. I miss that feeling. Paramedics got there before too much blood lose and saved me. I'm glad now that I'm here, but at the time it was very liberating.

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I've tried three times..And have suicidal ideations everyday since I was thirteen..You know what makes me curious is after comiting why do we call911??? Are our attempts just a way to cry for help??

12. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

No, its not! If you really wants to die, truly, you will have the power to do it, successfully, but then whats stopping you if you are failing, our animal urge, cause of that we are not getting away from it anymore, -"she's feeling saaaaD"
    No Doc., SHE's NOT!!

13. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I always felt like this. Like it was an emergency exit door...just waiting for me to push the handle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.