Suicide is Painless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mardoct, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mardoct

Mardoct Member

As Marylin Manson put it, "Suicide is Painless".

After a relatively short, but altogether unfulfilled, life, I'm ending it. I've found ample reason to keep my brain from continuing functioning, and no satisfactory reason to live. Here's to hoping it pans out better for all of you.

2. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

You might want to take into account that Marilyn Manson did not commit suicide. Please give us a chance to help you out.

3. Mardoct

Mardoct Member

"Suicide is painless,
    It brings on many changes,
    and I can take or leave it if I please,
    and you can do the same thing if you please,"

We choose different. Oh, and don't pin any of this on Marylin Manson. If I'd never heard that song, I'd probably quote someone else -- perhaps Seneca or Poe -- and done it anyways.

4. mortdesinos

It was a good quote for you to use considering your current feelings. My point is that it's easy to say that suicide is painless, but it breaks apart families and offsets the lives of so many people, even some who are barely known to the deceased. And what about the person who has to pick up your body?

5. Mardoct

Mardoct Member

There is only one prospect worse than being chained to an intolerable existence: The nightmare of a botched attempt to end it.

~Arthur Koestler

Death is a punishment to some, to others a gift and to many a favour.

~Seneca

Just as I shall select my ship when I am about to go on a voyage, or my house when I propose to take a residence, so shall I choose my death when I am about to depart from life.

~Seneca

It may hurt my family, but my dad is on his deathbed right now, and it may just be easier on them to have us both die around the same time.

6. mortdesinos

It is always devastating for a father to lose a son.

7. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

Have you tried anything to solve the problems your having? You didnt mention when you plan on attempting. So if you give this life (and this forum) a little time mabye you can find another option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.