Suicide is the answer

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by KathyLynnKilroy, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KathyLynnKilroy

KathyLynnKilroy Active Member

You know. When it's all about to come to pieces. When there's no hope of any real peace in the future. When you realize you've tried everything to avoid a dreadful fate, and it still looms ahead of you, staring you in the face. When you realize that something else has gone wrong and is just shoving the fate you're hoping to avoid upon you that much sooner.

We are so close to the edge right now. If we can't fix it, we'll fall off. And perhaps that's the answer. Just fall off the edge, and die.

Sure, there may be brighter times to look forward to. But in times of chaos, in times of torment, you really have to ask yourself: Is it really worth all this to just to reach those dreamed of lands? And what if they're not any better than now?

"Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us, for a glimpse of how green it was on the other side." "Steps taken forward but sleepwalking back again, dragged by the force of some inner tide."

What's the point of it all? I mean, really? What's the point of it all?
  2. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

You make some valid points. I think for some we still have hope even through all our pain. Trying to find a future gives us a goal to reach for, something to live for. For others there is no future in their mind thus death is all they can see. I can't really judge those who choose death as I have attempted to die several times. I guess each person had to evaluate what is best for them. Many times people read our posts or listen in chat and they feel they have the one and only answer. But none of us have that answer.
    Whether its websites like this one, therapists, doctors, family, friends, religion etc, each one of us will explore what we feel is best for us.

You ask what is the point? Only you can answer that question. Good luck.
  3. KathyLynnKilroy

KathyLynnKilroy Active Member

Well, it would seem we're not good enough to help. We're never in a bad enough position to get help until it's so bad that we are about to die, anyway. Even then, all the help that's offered is too little too late.

Should we see a doctor? What would that get us? Would that get us the time we need? The stability we require?

You would think we had stability. A fixed, steady income. Good, supportive doctors. Everything we needed to get by.

But then the people who were helping us with the income hiccupped. And hiccup still. And we don't have an income. And don't have one still.

I've been homeless easily five of the ten years of my adult life. In those periods, I have been the victim of rape, assault, and robbery. To say it has made me paranoid, to say that it has made me anxious, is the mother of all understatements.

Now, I am faced with the prospect of being homeless again. And this time I will be with Kathy, the one who I love the most in this world. And given what I've experienced while being homeless ... she's much more fragile than I am ... It can certainly destroy her, and I do not want such a gentle creature to experience such things.

I've told her what has happened to me. And she's really scared of it, too. She told me she knows about it, because she was there before, also.

I thought we were protected from this. I guess I was wrong. Now that we've run out of resources, there's only death. Death, or homelessness. And believe me, given that choice, knowing what we've been through ... you'd pick the same thing.

You, too, would choose to die.
  4. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yeah, thats the harsh reality of nature. wish I could go live in my own fantasy world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.