suicide last night

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by trevorlawrence, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevorlawrence

trevorlawrence New Member

Hi All,

As a survivor of an almost homicide/suicide, every time I see one in the news it upsets me. This one is no different. I am livid.

The father murdered the mother and then suicides. The reporter stated that the 9 year old and the 3 year old children that were in the home at the time were not injured. I can't tell you how many expletives want to come out of me right now. Those children were in my eyes, critically injured by mental trauma last night. But no medical attention for them. Just taken in by family members who may or may not know what to do for them right now. It makes my heart hurt.

The interviewed neighbour stated that they looked so ordinary......

That's all I can say. Had to get it out.

Thanks,
    Trevor.

2. kote

kote Account Closed

that truely is sad!!! my heart is with those kids!!!

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You would think the professionals would step in and get these kids treatment. the police involved should have taken the kids to the hospital and got them treated for their trauma where were the professionals in all this The were blind to the needs of the children why???????

4. 41021

41021 Banned Member

please forgive me, for my lack of articulation and if i come across as insensitive or something, i don't feel good right now.

you are a survivor of an almost homicide/suicide? :hug:
    sorry for asking but i've never run into anyone else who had this experience. mine was also a kidnapping (and other violence). also never thought of it in terms of being a survivor. did u have to talk the person out of suicide so they wouldn't kill you? was other violence involved? if it's too difficult i will understand if you don't want to answer or respond it's just i've never met anyone else before who experienced this. i'm so sorry i'm not trying to be rude at all, it's just, it's an experience i've always been alone with i just carry it alone inside me.

i am sorry you went through this :hug:
    please forgive me if i've come across as rude at all i honestly don't mean too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.