Suicide Laws

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Ixtab™, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixtab™

Ixtab™ Member

ok so im twenty years old and i could of sworn that suicide was illegal in canada...but it would seem i came across several websites last night that said suicide was legal in canada...these were not childish sites they were well respected suicide research sites. I tried to look up sites that said contrary to this but i could not find any, only ones that talked about assisted suicide which still is illegal here. I know canada is ahead of the curve in laws but i was unaware they'd come that far. Im sure they do all they can to protect knowledge of the fact that suicide is legal, which is probably why i couldn't find any more sites explaining it. Well part of me still finds it hard to believe so i was wondering if there was anyone living in canada that knows the real truth behind this suicide law...i want a real answer from someone in law enforcement or something along those lines...no offense but i dont care if your pretty sure suicide is illegal...cuz your probably just as oblivous to the things they keep from us in canada, as i was.

( i went a little over board here and was only looking for the answer to that original question)Since i wont be alive much longer ill figure ill write this thought ive always had and is even stronger now im going to die.

To the guy who made media laws on suicide: Are you retarded? A child kills himself due to the weight of this world you bastards created and you feel that you have the right to "brush him under the rug" just so you dont expose real people to reality of how common suicide is?? Maybe people would seek more help if they saw a story about a suicide on the news once in awhile...maybe they wouldn't feel so alone. But no, you dou che bags play god and say its wrong to allow the public to know whats going on around them. And yet you feel its fine to push all the stories of rapes, murders, and robberies as you want. I would literally kill the man who came up with this thought process...Its not your "duty" to protect people from the truth of suicides...you have no right and your not god!!

Heres a very good example thats really been pissing me off!!

In toronto last week a women grabed onto her child and jumped off one of the express ways downtown, falling to her death and the childs ofcourse. This story has been all over the news day after day....how could she?? why?? blah blah blah

The next day a 17yr old kid jumped off a similar bridge in toronto to his death...how do i even know about this? because someone i know was driving to work and saw it happen...no news on tv, newspapers...NOTHING!!(couldn't even find anything on the internet)

THIS IS SO FUCKING RETARDED THIS KID HAS A STORY THE WORLD HAS A RIGHT KNOW ABOUT IT!!! YOU ARE NOT SAVING KIDS LIVES BY SHUNNING SITUATIONS LIKE THIS!!

kids watch news about all these horrible things and think there the only ones who think about killing themselves...GROW THE FUCK UP CANADA THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST THE FREEDOM OF KNOWLEDGE. SUICIDE IS REAL AND VERY COMMON AND SHOULD GET MORE RECOGNITION THAN SOME STUPID FUCKING MURDER SUICIDE STORY. KIDS NEED TO KNOW THERE NOT ALONE, THEY NEED TO KNOW IT HAPPENS ON A DAILY BASIS. IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE WITH THIS RETARDED THOUGHT PROCESS THAN YOU SHOULD APPLY IT TO EVERYTHING....TAKE ALL THOSE STUPID FUCKING MARJIUANA COMMERCAILS OFF TV BECAUSE BY YOUR LOGIC IF WE PRETEND KIDS DONT DO DRUGS THEN THEY WONT RIGHT????

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK HEADS!!!

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sorry you have such strong emotions regarding this topic. I cannot speak for the laws of Canada, but I do know that many times things such as this are not published out of respect for the family of the individual that comitted suicide. Suicide is a great problem of people in all age brackests. People do need to know that they are not alone in the trials and tribulations they face. Perhaps all they need is a hand to guide them away. It is hard to say. I am not condoning the medias coverage of certain events and lack of it in others, but am trying to offer a possible reason why.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have one more thing to add. If lots of attention is given to a suicide, then people who crave the attention make attempts, and sometimes succeed, on a higher basis. They see those who killed themselves as being glorified and want the same attention, not realizing that they will never see that attention. We walk a fine line when dealing with that of the human mind and emotions. I hope this helps you to understand just a little bit better.

4. Ixtab™

Ixtab™ Member

I agree with the whole attention thing but ultimately its a stupid idea...say someone was going to kill themselves for attention...knowing that suicide get none, they go out and kill an 8 year old gurl just so it can be covered as a murder suicide and they got on every news cast.

im sure theres plenty of logic behind why they keep suicide so hush, but i dont think they should kill it right off...you can go on the internet and look up 100 million murders and how they did it but you'll be lucky to find a suicide story...i dunno just seems stupid to me.

5. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

i live not far from where these two things occurred and i agree with you completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.