Suicide Letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelgasAngel

Suicide With No Warning

So I've had a plan on how I want to take my life, and the date is coming up. I'm not posting this asking for help. If I want to help myself I'll go to a crisis emergency line, I promise you that. I'm here to address a different issue: How do you feel about people who kill themselves without a warning or don't even leave a letter when they do? I feel like if a person is truly intent on doing it, there will be no cries for help. They'll live their life, go about their business, and just...do it. If your loved one killed themselves without warning, how would that make you feel? What questions run through your mind? I'd love to know your thoughts because I want questions to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theodora

Re: Suicide With No Warning

You need to look back at posts from members who joined because someone close to them committed suicide. You don't need to ask how we imagine we would feel read what people really feel like at the time and years on. Go on, look, read how it feels like.

It hurts forever you will question in your mind what if I had done more, doesn't matter if there is a note or not. Every moment you question you read into you literally go through it the little things the most. God seriously take a step back and think surely surely there is another way because I tell you this however hard or impossible it seems. People close to you would do anything to help, believe me you have to give them that chance

My son did just that. Killed himself.
How did it make me feel? It ruined the life of myself and the rest of my family. It changed everything about the way we live, destroyed my dreams of a retirement, and left my heart cold and empty. I miss my son and have nightmares about it every single night and I miss him ever second of every day.

How does it make me feel? It killed me and his mom and his brothers... we are still "alive," but we are empty now inside. Suicide hurts EVERYBODY.

HelgasAngel

yeah i asked the question primarily out of my own anger that a friend i had close to me killed herself and though she LOVED to write she never left a letter telling us why she did it. I mean, we all knew but we'd love to know her side of it. I don't know. I just felt like she could have left something. Thanks for your input<3

emily83

if they didon't leave a letter..

i'd feel confused, hurt, unable to peace things together, angry,

i had this happen to me with bethany... well- she had everything starting to go right for her.. just got a part time job, just got in to university... had her life on track, yet still.... it did not stop her- it left me with a really bitter taste in my mouth

HelgasAngel

weird how everything was *going* right in her life, but everything was going wrong in her heart and mind. I think sometimes we expect that if good things are happening to a person they must be happy about it and sometimes we forget that there could be other things that they aren't happy about, or even very depressed about. xoxoxox

HelgasAngel

yeah but something would have been better than nothing. I would have asked why a LOT less that's for sure.

Theodora

You need to look back at posts from members who joined because someone close to them committed suicide. You don't need to ask how we imagine we would feel read what people really feel like at the time and years on. Go on, look, read how it feels like.
Helge, try doing this. Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00