Suicide maybe (a friend)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lostinca, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostinca

lostinca Well-Known Member

Please please please do not do anything to hurt yourself out there. I just found out that my friend Katherine passed away last week, she was in my depression group. The autopsy won't be ready for a couple of weeks so nothing is certain she could have died of natural causes, but she was in good health and young (only 48), and she was having a bad week from what I hear.
    I am just speechless right now and I feel like such a big jerk because there's been so many times that I have thought of calling her or sending a text but I always put it off until later and now she's gone there won't be a later.
    The reasons why I am posting this are: Please call someone when you think of them you never know what will happen there may not be a "later" and also I don't want anyone to have to deal with the pain of losing someone they care about.
    Basically don't hurt people that love you, please don't.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss Stephanie and well said in your post.
    I have lost a loved- one to suicide and you have my deepest sympathy *hug*

3. lostinca

lostinca Well-Known Member

Thank you so much IV. I just am in shock it still hasn't really hit me. All I can think is why the heck didn't I call her or send a text or at least remind myself to do it later, I would think to call her usually when it was late and I didn't want to disturb her but I should have written a note to remind myself. Why am I so selfish? I honestly hate myself for not picking up the phone or taking 30 seconds and send her a quick text? Why??
    This just reminded me that you can't take anyone or anything for granted you honestly never know what tomorrow will bring.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I don't think you're selfish ..you obviously cared very much for your friend
    I know the guilt you're feeling well and I've played the same scenario in my head as you...
    but I've been told to change 'guilt' to 'regret' by my therapist...we did our best with what we knew at the time and that's all any of us can do
    In hindsight things look much different to when we are actually 'living' the situation
    suicide leaves so many questions and a roller coaster of emotions for the ones left behind..
    what you're feeling is totally 'normal' on this horrible road of grief
    don't be too hard on yourself Lostinca :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.