suicide note

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tired82, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tired82

tired82 Well-Known Member

I've had a suicide note for about 8 months now, and have not edited much. While thinking about what I would add/change to it, I thought it was pointless. Is anyone reading the note really going to understand what I've gone through?

Life, in the all-inclusive sense, and suicide are individual experiences that no one else can comprehend. Would a note make it easier for my family to understand? Would it let those around me see what was burried deep in my mind? I doubt it.

* off topic:
    how does one approach someone about suicide assistance? I mean I just want someone to make sure that I die and not end up brain dead. What does one look for in such an individual?

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

im not gunna answer that last question.

i will offer the suggestion of calling the suicide hotline.

if you have carried that for 8 months, i suspect their must be some reason your waiting.
    i think your best bet would be taking some time and getting some answers to your problems.

i was told the second time i tried it ... YOU NEED TO TALK TO MORE PPL.

you have waited 8 months, change your course and talk to ppl.

best wishes
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

We will not offer you any type of assistance regarding the answers you seek. We are a prolife forum so any advice we give you would be to strengthen your fight for life, not your quest for death. It does not matter what type of note you leave or a lack of one, your family will not be able to understand. They will blame themselves and wonder what they should have done and why they didn't know.
  4. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there..
    i know what its like 2 have things inside which u feel u could only explain/tell of .. in a suicide note.. but i have a suggestion..
    if as u say ur seriously considering suicide.. why not reach out and tell some1 what is going through ur mind.. say all the things that are causing u this pain 2 some1..after all u will have nothing 2 lose? im sure u will find that there are ppl that want 2 help u deal with ur past and get through this..
    i agree with everything gentlelady said.. please reconsider..
    all the best :hug:
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your note will not help your parents understand as no one can understand why their love ones chose to kill themselves without reaching out for help
    they will blame themselves and have pain for the resst of their lives. You want help to ease your saddness to get rid of the dam pain inside you well call for help demand it. call crisis and say you have been having these thoughts and have a note and need help to stop all your pain Crisis will help you they will get you the support you need to live again. Please reach out now and stop the dam pain and saddness now okay.
  6. daredevil22r

daredevil22r Member

assistance? Why would you put that on someone? Knowing that they are the last to see you breath, and that they can stop you. Please don't do that to someone else. I feel guilty still when my friend killed himself a few hours after we spoke. Maybe... but no. There was really nothing I could do, but maybe...
  7. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi tired82,

Trust me. I have been where you are and a suicide note is not a good move. I sent one to two friends of mine on my first suicide attempt and I only ended up apologising to them and they were really upset.

A suicide note does not help anybody. BTW, I lost those two good friends as well. You're better off making a positive mark in the world I believe and to do something which will inspire others. Don't be remembered by a suicide note.

Kind regards,

8. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

I understand how you feel-especially the last part, and it is something that I have thought about several times, but I also know that it would be so unfair to put that on someone who has the rest of their life to live. Suicide is selfish, but not as selfish as asking someone else to aid your own suicide.

Death is no easy choice and I can understand, as well as one could without knowing your story, why you have waited so long, all I can do is to urge you to wait longer. Wait, and you may get through this-isn’t that wait for something good better than a premature; and ironic end-assuming that would have changed life.

Have you spoken to anyone about how you feel? Perhaps gotten some therapy. The fact that you have written a note tells me that there are people who care about you, yes the pain is unbearable at times-but live for them, get some help for their sakes, if not your own.

My pm box is always open if you need to talk

Take care and be safe,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.