Suicide opportunity?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rachael41, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

If someone somehow gave u the opportunity to kill yourself. in a quick and painfree way..(which i no its pretty impossible, but jst imagine lol)
    would u do it?

would u have any second thoughts?
    if u were given an opportunity to tell one person, one thing before u went, who would it be and what would u say?
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

nope, i wouldn't do it... because... i would def. be having second thoughts. what i would want to say to a friend is "i am doing my best" and for my friend to say "that's good enough. keep doing your best..." i would want them to tell me "you are loved and you would be missed"... i would want them to fight for me, as hard as i fight to stay alive myself.
  3. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

At this point in time, no, I would not. Though I've been damn tempted of late.

Assuming I did it? No, since I'd be dead and be beyond thinking.

I would decline the opportunity. What would be the point? If anyone cared about about me, (and to my eternal regret, at least four people do) I couldn't say anything to make my departure more palatable. And if they didn't care, my saying anything wouldn't matter.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I would have 2nd thoughts. Guess my answer would be I don't know.
    Don't think I would say anything to anyone either.
  5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I would do it.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Honestly, I would definitely do it.

I wouldn't have anything to say, I think killing myself would say it all...
  7. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

yes yes yes, I am with downunder and daisychain.
  8. Blueberry

Blueberry Active Member

My mother committed suicide 2 years ago -- and if you'd asked me this question a year ago -- i would have said a resounding -- YES!!!

But, today -- HELL NO!!!!

I'm happy I survived my suicidal depression.

And if it ever comes back, I'll treat it agressively so that I can see the other side and be happy, YET AGAIN!!

9. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

A friend of mine told me today that she knew a way but she wasn't going to tell me, not fair!!!
  10. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Uh, yeah.
  11. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i would have second thoughts.
    but i would diffinatly do it
  12. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

In one word, YES! right now, right here!
  13. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yeah i would. all i would say before is sorry to my mom.
  14. LouiseCap

LouiseCap Member

I would do it too.

I'm not scared of death but I am scared of actually going through with the act of doing it. So if someone could offer me a quick and painless way, then I would take it definately. :sad:
  15. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I had 2 dreams the other month where a painfree suicide was offered to me.. all i had to do was trust these people to kill me off and it'd even look like an accident. But in my dreams I remember being so scared and fighting to get away from these people.. I did everything I could to stay alive. I think my unconscious was telling me something very important.. i want to live.
  16. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

I thought I had found a painfree way to do it, and after taking the stuff I was surprised to feel quite ok about dying. I wasn't scared, more relieved than anything else. But obviously it didn't work, the dose was too low or the preparation wrong. Anyway as a result of ingesting it, you either pass out and die, or are left with just a numbing, groggy sensation. No nasty side effects. The stuff is extremely hard or nearly impossible to obtain though.

I did kind of want to explain everything to family in a note. But ended up just writing a goodbye with an apology, which is satisfactory.
  17. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

What, the big red 'nukelar war' button that erases it all (including the expected reactions of relatives and the preparations for the act) and it's all over? I used to smack my tabletop imagining I'm hitting that fucker. I'd smash it with an open palm no second thought.

In the absence of the jolly big red button one has to labor and endure. Oh well.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  18. GrimJim

GrimJim Guest

If I was confident that it was foolproof and quick, I'd go for it for sure.

I'd say Sorry to a girl I knew at school when I was about 12 (I'm 52 now).
  19. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Its nice you remember here, i guess you harmed her in some sort of a childish way right?
  20. GrimJim

GrimJim Guest

Yep. We were at a school camp during the holidays, and were all walking back from the beach one night. A number of boys and girls had paired up and were walking hand in hand. One guy came looking for me and told me one of the girls would really like it if I was to walk with her. I made some kind of "Yuck! Girls!" response and have regretted it ever since.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.