Suicide or accident

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well-Known Member

Say you're doing a test run for your method and you accidentally go to far and die. Is that a suicide or an accident?
  2. topper

topper Well-Known Member

...if you accidentally went too far? I'd go with accident. :dry:
  3. topper

topper Well-Known Member

But it'd be recorded as a suicide. Would it matter?
  4. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

If you were to go to far with a test run on a suicide I would call it an accidental suicide.
  5. topper

topper Well-Known Member

Accidental Suicide, agreed. Is this a trick question? :grr:
  6. Well-Known Member

It would matter if you were in the first 2 years of a life insurance policy. Suicide wouldn't pay out but accident would.
  7. Well-Known Member

It also may affect one's ability to gain entrance into heaven, if you believe in that.
  8. Well-Known Member

It also may affect the chances of a surviving family member later suiciding.
  9. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

There are many different techniques a person may use that appears as an accident for insurance reasons and matters for loved ones, but if for ones who believe in God, I am sure God would know the difference.
  10. nobody man

nobody man Well-Known Member

If you accidently kill yourself by crashing your car on the highway, it's an accident. But killing yourself on accident... you may have not intentionally killed yourself, but you still killed yourself... I would say that's suicide. Now, the insurance company/ police would almost certainly rule it a suicide (and the family would more than likely agree with the police) and as Johnnyc said, God would know.
  11. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I'd call it suicide because the intent is to trial a method with suicide in mind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.