Suicide or get help ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Blackjack22, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackjack22

Blackjack22 New Member

I am a 22 year old male and normally very optimistic and try to live life to the fullest. Normally I would go out of my way to help others by lately I just don't feel like doing anything at all.

I have a great bunch of friends and my family is also great but I have never been able to share any emotions/feelings with either my friends or family.

I always am in a good mood around others even if I feel really down I will pretend to be in a good mood.

During my high school year I was very happy and maybe got really angry to the point of rage maybe 5 times a year. Since this year started I get angry and really angry at just about everything I don't know why and I also try to keep my temper cool but that does not help.

I am so afraid I might do something stupid like hurt somebody when I get angry that I am considering suicide because I doubt a psychiatrist will be able to help me. And I really don't want to hurt somebody but when I get into a fit of rage I don't have any control over what I do.

I just feel so depressed lately I don't even care about anything anymore even stuff that used to be interesting to me. And I think it will be better for everyone if I just died and especially for me.
  2. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

First it's alright to take time to help yourself. We can't be helping others all the time.

I'm glad you've joined. Sometimes it's hard to share our feeling with others and this is a good place to do it anonymously.

As for your rages you say you are worried you will hurt someone. Well this is a good time to seek the help of a doctor. If you can figure out what causes the rages you can deal with it in a much more healthy manner. Also it's good that you are concerned your rages might turn into something worse. That's a good sign that you have good morals in place and a conscience. You can get help for the rage. you don't have to kill yourself. :hug:
  3. Blackjack22

Blackjack22 New Member

Suicide is more like a last way out I hope. But I must admit I do feel a lot better after type that mess of a sentence construction.

Will a doctor be able to provide help or do you mean a "doctor" like a shrink ? I tried calling a shrink today and her office number kept ringing and her cellphone number as well.

At the moment I just don't care about anything anymore.
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

well done for calling a shrink. can you try calling again or maybe try somebody else? my referral to the shrink got lost in red tape and i had to call more than once. i was completely out of courage second time around, but with some help i got there.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Blackjack. I think that you're on the right track here. You've recognized that you have an anger problem and want to get help before you hurt somebody. Now all you have to do is follow through and continue getting help, until you figure out what's causing your anger and rage. Suicide is not the answer in your case.
  6. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

Is suicide ever an answer.:blink:
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You're right. Suicide is never the answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.