Suicide out of curiousity

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Wierd, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

Has anyone else been wanting to commit suicide in order to find out what really happens after you die? I know I'll find out eventually but sometimes I get impatient..

What mostly keeps me from doing it is the fact that other people (such as my parents) might be sad..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

you'd be dead..how would know what it was like after death. :unsure:

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:unsure: Depends on what you believe, I guess..

4. baofu

baofu Active Member

Isn't dead supposed to be the end of existence? Besides, death will happen someday, why would you hasten it out of curiosity?

5. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

I guess when life doesn't look so great one can feel like one might as well hasten it to find out, if only others weren't hurt by it..

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It definitely isn't something I consider out of curiosity. Everyone has their reasons I guess. It would be nice if no one had to hurt.

7. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

Im not going to do it beacuse of curiosity. Im doing it beacuse of the horrible, agonizing, unending pain in my life.-

8. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I've wanted to commit suicide because of that before.. and what you are feeling is at least a step worse than what I'm feeling now. I hope you feel better.

9. xighsequite

xighsequite Active Member

There are a lot of people who already know what happens after death. I'm sure you could find it easily on the internet, but you may only get 30% of truth and a lot of ridiculous sites - if you google, anyway.

maybe I'll look it up and copy/paste later

10. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

Ooh, I'll be interested if you can show me! There's so much variation among what I read so far that I can't have faith in any of them, not even Atheism, until I see for myself. But maybe you can point out some consistency.. [edit: maybe move to SoapBox? maybe this is starting to tread on religious ground]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.