suicide over rejection

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadhart, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I was reading on another forum about how a guy took his life after being rejected by a girl. most of the forum was pretty insensitive towards his pain. i don't think he killed himself because some girl didn't like him so much it was the feeling of worthlessness that he may have felt over it. I know what it's like to get rejected and while i felt hurt by it, i was more hurt by the way she went about it. her words made me question what kind of person and man i was. i listened to her talk about other guys she dated and despite the fact they kind of sounded like jerks she accepted them for who they were. her rejection made me question what was wrong with me that was so bad...i didn't force myself on her nor did i come on too strong. yet it was like i was both overbearing, (which i still don't fully understand why which is frustrating,) and i was also weak and didn't have "balls"

over two years later it still hurts and that's why when i see people make light of someone's pain over rejection it makes me so angry how insensitive and thoughtless people are. sorry for the rant.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's true that people can be really cruel, and it's awful that people would be insensitive and hateful when someone is feeling that down. I haven't seen that on this site which is why I like it. Some sites are notorious for trolling and people can get downright evil. That sucks about the rejection you had to face, it happens to everyone and it does hurt. But it doesn't make you any less of a man or weak because she didn't want to be with you. It's just a sign that she wasn't the right person for you, and that you will find that person someday.

3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Sometimes that happens where we feel rejected and unwanted we want to just kill ourselves... I think the person who took his life felt alone after the rejection thus he thought killing himself would relieve him of his pain that he was feeling. I also agree people can be very cruel and hateful to others... I tend to stray away from such people because I don't hate or dislike anybody. I've been on a number of sites that have had :trolls: who will be evil and down right nasty to you... They'll bring you down lower than you were before... It's all a sign like Chrisity was saying because someday you'll find the right one. It just appears that this one wasn't the right one.

Trevor,

4. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've accepted that I wasn't good enough or man enough for her...but the pain just lingers. The whole thing is like a giant puzzle and I've put most of the pieces together, but there are some that I either can't figure out or are just missing. There are times where i have to cut or drink to deal with the pain because so many things remind me of her. I've been rejected in the past, but this one was just different for some reason. I know this will sound very dramatic, but I wish that I could either find some closure to this pain or have the courage to end my life.

5. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I can understand - sometimes I wish I could end my pain as well. Sometimes I try to plug into the stuff I like to do - which is of course the internet and computer games. Sometimes I like to go out for long runs or walks - which somewhat helps me with my pain. There's nothing wrong with having some dramatic writing, it makes sense that you want to find closure - I don't believe death is the answer. But, I'm not the judge nor the planner of your life. However, I'm willing to listen to you. No-one deserves to be in pain. Sometimes we don't have a choice on how we feel - it just happens and we have no control. :( I hope you keep sharing you feelings with us :hug:

Trevor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.