Suicide Pact

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by transparent, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transparent

transparent Well-Known Member

Three friends of mine and myself agreed to commit suicide together. We all have our reasons but we are all in the same boat and feel like this is out only out. This isn't a spur of the moment idea we had; we talked about it around a month or so ago but now that some time has passed and nothing has improved we figured we should go through with it.
    However, I have my doubts.
    Out of us four, I am the only one who has guts to do anything whether its killing a spider or hood surfing on a car. I'm worried I'll be the only one to do it...but I recently just found out that if they do it and I don't and I knew about, I'll get in trouble. So what do I do? Go ahead with it anyway? ...cause it's either death or jail and I really don't want to live any longer, especially behind bars.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't go ahead with it. You've said yourself that you want to get out of it. You must inform the police about their plans. They will be angry probably but that doesn't matter in this case. Please do the right thing and tell someone. You will regret not reporting it if you don't.
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

As IrishDoll said, you need to tell the police because either way it goes, it's not going to end good. Whether it be you doing it and they don't, or you not going through with it and they do. Or Everyone does it and some live. Any outcome is bad, so just tell the police and get the help you need. Your friends will be able to get help too.
  4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hi folks,

There's been a couple of folks reporting this thread as it talks about a pact etc. My own view on it, is that as long it doesn't descend into 'I want someone to have a pact with' (although I'm sure it won't), then I'm fine with it, as it's a problem to do with a pact, if that makes sense.

5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I can forward you to a hundred articles about suicide pacts that have gone wrong Katt, so I would advise you not to do it, and to really think about this.
  6. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Better talk to us here instead, and bring your friend if possible. :wink::cheekkiss::console:

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

when we set a date for the "near future" it gives us time ... as any idea will, to think about it. im assuming your young folks. many ... seems like yourself have changed their thoughts.

what i would do, is get with your friends and stop the whole idea.
    there are plenty of ppl that do suicide pacts, but most of those ppl are very serious about what they plan to do.
    there are plenty of avenues in this life. if one street isnt working for you, its up to you to change it.
    nothing will ever change until WE CHANGE IT. change your thoughts and your ideas.
    stick with us wont you ?
  8. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Suicide pacts are a group of people pushing eachother to the edge of the abyss because individually they can't do it themselves.

What's important here is that you take the group pressure out of your shoulders and decide what you want to do with your life. To die or not to die is a question that needs to be ansewred individually, when you mix groups and pacts into it you're forcing yourself for the wrong reasons.

If you really are having doubts about suicide as it seems you are, I'd recommend trying to talk with your friends about this, maybe try to talk them out of it, but if they are serious about going through with it, by all means warn the police, better to have your friends pissed at you than to have them dead.

But by no means kill yourself for peer pressure, its not worth it. Even if things go wrong and you face trail for hiding information on a suicide pact, I seriously doubt you'll face jail time or any penalty at all. Its not the kind of stuff you can seriously point a finger at anyone.
  9. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Contrary to what some others in the thread have suggested, DO NOT call the police for something like this. Do NOT call the police. Tell another parent who know you all well. Go to a hospital (not the ER), and tell them. Each of you should go on your own and tell them your intentions.

Pacts may seem pretty in movies, but they sometimes end up badly with someone pulling out or having doubts. Furthermore, having pacts doesn't help you to see any improvements in your life even if you wanted to; the simple fact that each of you are continuing to reinforce the others' negative and suicidal thoughts is enough to keep you from seeing things independently and clearly.

Just don't call the police, when there are so many other places you can go for mental sanctuary.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.