Suicide Pacts.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Khloe, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

I made a thread on this a while ago.. but yeah..

Has anyone else ever heard of them? Know anyone who was involved in one?
    Have you ever considered a suicide pact?

I think they're scary, and so sad.
    I was really interested in the Joanne Lee suicide pact a couple of weeks ago, in the UK. I actually saw her posts that she made on the internet and everything, and then she died. :(
  2. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Alone in life alone in death
    I think it is very sad, i wouldnt want to involve anyone else
  3. stig

stig Well-Known Member

why die alone? we're all alone in life. why not die with another?
  4. Borrowed time*

I have never really thought about it that much. I just wouldnt be comfortable with taking some one else with me.
  5. Marissa

Marissa Well-Known Member

I'd do one if I could.
  6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I woudn't mind a pact.
  7. stig

stig Well-Known Member

taking someone else with you! you wouldn't be taking someone with you. you would be leaving together. company for the trip. i feel that dying alone is sad.
  8. Borrowed time*

Its just not for me im afraid. I have to make that journey alone sad or not.
  9. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

No! No! Please don't do that!!!!

I guess that I believe that no one really wants to die, they just want their pain to end.

So I think that it is much better that people try to get better rather than kill themselves.

I think that very many (all?) people who try to commit suicide are depressed and have gone through a lot of emotional pain and trauma. Those are things that are treatable, I think. Lots of people who are suicidal are able to pull through and are really glad they didn't go through with it.

With a pact, there is a danger that you end up pressuring someone else into killing themselves, or you yourself feel pressured into going through with it.
  10. K-On

K-On Well-Known Member

Yup i've considered them but never had any luck finding anything but oh well dont really care bout it anymore, i'll do it on my own.

As for the Joanne Lee thing, i read about that in the paper and thats what pretty much triggered me into what im gonna do, just waiting for my stuff in the post.

The media should'nt post things about suicides, they always put in a little bit of detail in how the people died which is more than enough information for people who are considering suicide. It simply gives them an idea to start with and to research. I would never have learned what i learned if i haddnt read that story.

Oh well, whats done is done.
  11. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I don't believe in them whatsoever. I think they're stupid, to be blunt. If I ever did commit suicide, it certainly isn't going to be because I made a pact with somebody else that is. It'll be because, I'm old and happy, and don't want to die with no independence, or.. well. I'm sure we all know the alternative. Instead of making Suicide Pacts, shouldn't we try and help one another instead? Find one person, just one, like you would in a (usual) pact, and agree to help each other get better, instead. It makes a lot more sense to me. It'll be hard of course, and having someone lean on you when you can't even take care of yourself isn't easy. But it's better than killing yourself because you made a pact.
  12. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

yeah i saw all that on The Sun website.

Suicide Pact reminds me of the band Johnny Foreigner.

thought about it before, dont think i could handle it though, would prob try and talk the other person out of it!
  13. purpleAPY

purpleAPY Well-Known Member

i guess people make them because they dont want to die alone... its scary to die alone because it feels like you'll be alone forever i guess... but if you bring someone with you then you have someone there... its really sad though, especially since usually people who commit suicide feel very lonely anyway and dont have people who completely understand how they feel. but if you make a pact with someone, obviously you understand how each other feels and so you automatically have someone to talk to and you could support each other instead of just ending it together...

im glad i dont have someone in my life who i know feels the same way i do, because i feel like it would be tempting to do it with someone else... it would kinda egg me on though, like i feel like we would both sorta encourage each other, even if we didnt mean to.
  14. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

its a tough question ... i couldnt make a pact with someone i didnt know have to know them and know that their condition is incurable first... but it would make it easier to do it with someone else ... peace
  15. Hanging_On

Hanging_On New Member

People die every day. I reckon most of them die naturally or in accidents - then you have cults and others who make suicide pacts.

If I die without a pact now, i wouldn't be alone... (but feeling alone and friendless... yeah... that's basically...)

However, you would feel the pressure to do it at a certain date and time, and that isn't very nice.... I tend to have second thoughts and think things through before I do it.

If the person goes through it and not you, wouldn't that make you feel even more down in the dumps?
  16. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I know (well knew) someone who was in one. i don't think i have the right to explain tho. :( All I will say is that I dont agree with them. Why would you want to take someone out of life with you? Idk. I feel like that shouldnt be something that is shared. Just my opinion tho..
  17. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

ive made my pact after she left first, but we will go together...
  18. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

:hug: xx
  19. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

This is kinda interesting, if you can't then why should you not get the "help" you need for succession? Without misunderstanding I think this is the answer for now though we don't have accesses the right (safe-killing) drugs.
  20. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

easier i think?? .... that way i cant fail. I saw her posts too was there on ash was so sad though there last post was beautiful, they were happy :-(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.