Suicide prevention or not!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by arms04, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arms04

arms04 Member

I think to myself everyday how I grew up with no one to talk to. I have had many abusive realationships, like i know a lot of you have. After each time nearing the end of the relationship, I always thought about how much I hate myself, and wish i was better off dead. But then I usually think about why i am still here, and all of the things I would miss out on in life.

I believe it is our human nature to question why we are here, and if we really do belong. I always think this same thing to myself, why it is good to be alive.

But now, I am on my own, with no one in this world, as I had always predicted. I dont have any real family, they dont care what happens to me. My freinds always seem like, they are their just to talk and that is it. My dad is prison for 30 years and my mom has no sense of who I am anymore. I just broke up with my girlfreind after a year, and I am as lonely as I ever can be. I believe I have a good head on my shoulders to stay in college, and make a respective career for myself. But tragically I am predicting if things continue the way they are going I will be alone for ever.

I feel like I am going to be this way forever, I see no true light at the end of tunnel, all I see is sadness for the rest of my life. Only a career to keep me occupied. I have no clue what to do, can someone help me?

Michael Creech
  2. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

hi Arms welcome to SF
    You feel alone, i sure know how its like
    but you are young, in college, with relationship expiriance..
    Some of us can only dream about such things
    I hope you will be able to undarstand that.
    Your life is not as bad as you may think...
    You are in collage, there are many people in there and you can always
    find new freands, later on when you will start to work on your carrier
    you will meet a whole lot of new poeple.
    Collage is a great place to meet girls as well, you are expirianced
    so i dont think it will be a problem for you, maybe you just need time to
    recover from you last relationship.

Anyways, i wish you all the best, hang in there.
  3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

welcome to SF

I know how lonely life can be when you don't have any real family or good friends around. The companionship makes all the difference about how one feel about life and the world. Even a career feels disappointing at times but at least you can try and make a life with a career so you can find others who are like minded and become friends that way. As Summer.Rain said you are still in college, there are opportunities to make new friends there.

good luck and i wish you well

warm thoughts your way
  4. arms04

arms04 Member

i believe i will be lonely all the way to the end, because there is no one else that thinks the way i do! My counslers have always told me that my type is rare to come by, but they are out there, or so they say!
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Michael,
    I personally think you have alot going for you. You just need to rise up and make your self known. I am sure while you are in college you will make a whole set of new friends.
    Maybe join a club or something. Seems to me that you will find someone you can be friends with. I don't reccomend a fraternity because they can be mean as hell if they want to. You don't need that shit. I also think you need a refresher course on how to be intimate with yourself. Once you get to the point where you love yourself you will start seeing yourself in a knew way. Take Care!!:chopper:!!
  6. arms04

arms04 Member

yeah college, I could find a lot of freinds, but all they want to do is drink, and i am not into that!
  7. Summer.Rain

Well, i used to have a freand that dosnt drink, or smoke...
    I know that maybe he didnt felt like "in" things, but i really had lot
    of respect for him, he was a great guy, he always helped me when i was
    too drunk and couldnt drive back home, in the middle of the night he came
    to pick me up from night clubs... I trusted him and i must say
    that i had more respect for him then for others.
    I hope you can undarsrand that the fact you dont drink, dosnt meen people
    wount enjoy your company.
  8. arms04

arms04 Member

well then tell me why i cannot ever find anyone to hang out with?
  9. Summer.Rain

Well maybe it becouse you dont show yourself enough in public.
    Maybe people cant see anything intersting about you not becouse there is none
    but becouse you dont show it... Im not really know how it is for you
    I never had problems to make freands.. I guess it becouse im very representive
    There is many things i enjoy talking about, and i guess im chrismatic
    i also have ruls i live by, it makes my life more restricted yet more orgenized.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.