Suicide Quotes

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tobes, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Some quotes on suicide

“If you throw someone a life preserver, and they turn around and swim away from it; what can you do but let them drown themselves.” - Unknown

“More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide” - Unknown

“You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.” - Chuck Palahnuik

"The relatives of a suicide always take it in bad part, that he did not remain alive out of consideration for the family dignity." - Friedrich Neitzsche

“The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night” - Friedrich Neitzsche

“The real reason for not committing suicide is because you always know how swell life gets again after the hell is over” - Ernest Hemmingway

“A suicide kills two people" - Arthur Miller

“As anyone who has been close to someone that has committed suicide knows, there is no other pain like that felt after the incident” - Peter Greene

"The great thing about suicide is that it's not one of those things you have to do now or you lose your chance. I mean, you can always do it later." - Harvey Fierstein

"I tried to commit suicide by sticking my head in the oven, but there was a cake in it." - Lesley Boone

If anyone has more feel free to post them.
  2. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Tobes,

Being into philosophy I've read some of these and they are wonderful.

Thank you for sharing them with us as they do remind us sometimes how precious life can be.

Kind regards,

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Interesting quotes :smile: Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forums!
  4. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

Death is not the greatest loss in life
    The greatest loss is what dies inside us why we live
    - Norman Cousins
  5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place - Anonymous
  6. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

I know what its like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you cant. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.

-From the movie "Girl interupted"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.