Suicide rate for birth defects

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nowill2live, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowill2live

nowill2live Member

anyone know what the suicide for those of us born with birth defects? it is unbearable having a deformity that makes one sexually repulsive to anyone and get mocked for that deformity when one goes out.

any studies or links to suicides and birth defects would be great. just curious how long we hold out for
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I don't know if I can post any direct research as not sure as it breaks the rules. But if you want to look at research papers, use google scholar and type in the keywords for your search. See if anything comes up.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am in a wheelchair for the last year, and I truly know what it is like to be placed on the worthless list by society...I own a business and am a scholar in my field, and I am spoken to like I am dull, or ignored...people actually hit into me and once, I was thrown from the chair because some moron thought I was going too slow...but I am me, chair and all, and I will not let that useless portion of society rule my life...anyone with any worth will look past your 'deformity' and see the true is a kind of litmus test for who you want to be with...J
  4. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

There must be some real tough love inside of them who keeps them alive, what I dont know, but sure its a diamond, special one
  5. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I don't think that you should be thinking of yourself as 'one' of anything. Other people are not better than you and anyone who mocks you must have problems of their own… I don't know what your situation is exactly but yeah, sometimes people can be tremendous jerks and the reason they do it is because they think they're better than they actually are.

I honestly can't imagine what it's like for you but even though I do it too you really shouldn't internalize what other people think of you.
  6. nowill2live

nowill2live Member

but that tough love can only last you so long. you can pretend you are fine just the way you are and the jokes and staring doesn't bother you because they are strangers, but eventually someone close to you will treat you like that with their friends and that's hard to to get over

no luck with google. i'm afraid to ask my doctor because then would suspect something. thanks for the replies though
  7. nowill2live

nowill2live Member

it's weird before people at school find out about the way I walk they treat me like a human being, but if i'm late to class and everyone sees me walking in then it changes. very heartbreaking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.