Suicide rate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Fishman, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishman

Fishman Guest

I was looking at various statistics for the different nations around the world. The suicide rate seem hardly anything really; but there seem to be many people depressed and forced to take medication (anti-depressants) in order to get by. I wonder how many people on this site actually have died and how many just wander off?

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I hope that they number that wandered off is much greater than the number that died. But we will never know. I just wish the governments of the countries would invest much more time and money into bringing mental health issues to the forefront. Educate people and make the public understand that they are health issues no different than cancer or parkinson's etc. The number of people suffering from mental health issues is huge and if they could be addressesd and help made more available, maybe we wouldn't have to lose so many wonderful people to such a silent killer. And the numbers for suicide are much lower than the actual facts. Many, many suicides go unreported. It is just such a sad and terrible fact of life. But one that could be changed if the powers that be would actually do something about it rather than hide from it!! I'm not ashamed of my mental health issues, I just wish others around me could be the same way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.