Suicide reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Obviously when one thinks about suicide, has tried to commit suicide or has successfully commited suicide, they had a reason behind it.
But I've wondering if some people have better reasons that others?
For example, is losing all of your loved ones in a car accident a better reason to take your own life than being denied to a very prestigious university?

There's so many various reasons to commit suicide and I wonder if sometimes people have good reason to commit suicide and other situations where commiting suicide is wrong or silly.

I think most people judge whether the reason to commit suicide is either justified or not is whether you can take action or not to actually solve your problems.

As for me, I want to commit suicide because I feel inferior (or am I really inferior?) to everyone around me, I was raised differently and wrongly by my parents, I'm not like any of the other young adults and adolescents, I'm a freak, nobody would want to give me companionship, be my friend, soulmate, etc. I'll die all alone, miserable and pathetic. My parents raised me wrong so I'm much less developed than the other 19 years olds. I'm different from everyone and I mean different and inferior, I feel that I have the best reason to commit suicide, yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

And of course when I tell my dad all this, he just quickly and bluntly says "Change". Yeah, like its that fucking easy asswipe, you have no idea what its fucking like to me the loser I am. :mad:

But maybe he's right, why should I commit suicide when I should actually try to go out and make some friends and try to solve my problems instead of taking the easy way out? I dunno, its all so damn confusing, my head hurts....:sad:

I

i_am_not_here

Sorry Rahul, I've not been around a huge amount today.

Personally, I think you've hit the nail on the head. There are some things that, in my opinion, make very good reasons for wanting out; and there are other reasons, shall we say semi-narcisstic reasons, for wanting out.

Incidentally, you sound a hell of a lot like me, just a few years younger. :p I wouldn't like to say whether my parents raised my "wrongly" or not - there is no rule book and all the "guide books" are conflicting - but I too feel different, like a freak.

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime.

The mental state of suicidal people is usually very complex and goes far beyond reasons, whether stated or otherwise, in contributing to their suicidal thoughts. The subjectivity and variety of mental states and the personal background in which they occur, makes them incommensurable, and for the most part unconstructive to evaluate them against each other.

The simple fact is that there are differences in the ability of people to handle vicissitudes. Some people expect a certain quality of life so strongly, that they would rather leave this plane than accept or adapt without a counterbalancing motivation to do so--as in my own case. And there are the lovers of life, or cowards of death, and amidst them those believing that life is inherently valuable, who cannot understand such a sentiment.

Sorry that probably doesn’t help. Maybe it is better to believe that one’s reasons should be validated…

poison

The mental state of suicidal people is usually very complex and goes far beyond reasons, whether stated or otherwise, in contributing to their suicidal thoughts. The subjectivity and variety of mental states and the personal background in which they occur, makes them incommensurable, and for the most part unconstructive to evaluate them against each other.

The simple fact is that there are differences in the ability of people to handle vicissitudes. Some people expect a certain quality of life so strongly, that they would rather leave this plane than accept or adapt without a counterbalancing motivation to do so--as in my own case. And there are the lovers of life, or cowards of death, and amidst them those believing that life is inherently valuable, who cannot understand such a sentiment.

Sorry that probably doesn’t help. Maybe it is better to believe that one’s reasons should be validated…
wow... that was fucking smart. in fact, i don't even understand that lol just kidding. that was really well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00