Suicide strolled into my head once more

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lachrymose27, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I haven't thought about suicide or been depressed for probably a year, but just today it (suicidality; yes, i made that up) came back to me. This post is just a rant: I think this suicide-thinking tendency is brought on by my failure to be successful in what i do. I've graduated with a B.A. but its really just looking like a waste of time that i've spent in uni. I just turned 25 in feb. I hate working in retail. I don't want to get stuck in this predicament. And my high E guitar string broke, dampened my spirits. So, i thought about suicide. If, years from now, twenty or thirty, i am going to commit suicide, then the future me would think "should have done it way sooner." So past me is thinking, yeah, he's right. I am an idiot for not doing it sooner. But, i'm not suicidal, just the tendency to have those thoughts. I don't even think i'm depressed.

2. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Hey,

don't feel so down....:sad:
    A lot of people graduate from university feeling like their degree wasn't worth it, but that isn't true. Think of it as an achievement that says you are capable of a certain higher level of thinking and analysis. Going through university, no matter what your degree is, is never a piece of cake. I don't care if you're studying the sciences or you're studying english/history. You're degree was well worth it. No education was garbage. Just by having it you are opened to a number of jobs that people without a university education can't have. Don't feel like it was a waste.

If you're job right now is not to your satisfaction have you thought about looking for something else? I'm in a program studying something right now I really hate. I'm even employed in co-op in that profession and boy do I hate it. I'm hopeful the future may be different. You're future could have you working in an occupation that you really enjoy.

Just hang on!

*hug

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I think you're amazing for getting through Uni....well done.
    I hope you can find a better job and things will improve for you...

4. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

thanks, i've not yet despaired by setting a temporary goal for myself. going to screen print graphic tees and try to earn a decent passive income for meself...

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

that sounds like a good idea..I hope it does well for you....

6. masive

masive Banned Member

It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.
    The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
    It is not a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled.
    But it is a calamity not to dream.
    It is not a disaster to be unable to capture your ideal,
    But it is a disaster to no ideal to capture.
    It is not a disgrace not to reach the stars.
    But it is a disgrace not to have stars to reach for.
    Not failure, but low aim is a sin.

Dr Benjamin Elijah Mays
    1894-1984

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.