Suicide Survey?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by 41021, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Is there like a suicide survey. You know like they have for depression. Questions and answers and then it spits out a rating as to how ready you are to commit suicide. Maybe to help you decide whether or not you are ready for it.

2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

don't know of any and not sure i would trust one

feels too much like those "is your relationship in trouble" quizzes from Cosmo or something

would not want to take a quiz that ends with "score 95 - 100: have a nice afterlife"

that's probably the only kind of place you might a questionaire like that

don't think an ethical professional would be involved in that kind of a project

hang in their kali

you don't need a quiz - you have us

:hug:

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agree with Wastingecho ... if there is one (which I don't know if there is), taking it probably wouldn't be very beneficial.

4. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Well, you know, in one of the forums is a depression survey. I didn't realize how depressed I was until i took it. I thought, mildly depressed, yet i scored like a 98 or 99 or some such. Not that i really trust those little test things, but it did prompt me to look at some of my behaviors such as no sleep, no appetite, no motivation, etc. To me, wanting to kill myself is more of a happy thing, not depressing, for the most part.

Except now i am confused, so i thought a cheesy little test thing might be interesting.

okay. so if i have you guys, what do you think? do you think i am ready for this? do you think i am prepared in my head and in my heart?

ty for hugs, much appreciated and needed :hug: for you too

5. Wastingecho

i think i really want to know what's going on, hon

why are you feeling so bad?

please talk about it so that we may be able to help

PM me anytime if you need to but give us a chance, ok?

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

*hugs* You give so much to everyone here, now let us help you! :arms:

7. 41021

41021 Banned Member

sometimes things get blurred and confusing

8. Wastingecho

what's got you so confused?

can you say?

9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Kali... I've been reading your posts as of late.

Please don't do anything rash.

Talk to us. Let us know what we can do to help!

10. 41021

41021 Banned Member

lightbeam; multiple posts are because i am like a frightened mustang and can't go directly there, way too scared

Echo; see above (and i am mostly scared)

light/Echo = :hug: from me

am trying really hard

11. Wastingecho

you just keep on trying, hon

will be there when you're ready

12. 41021

41021 Banned Member

ty echo :hug:
    hopefully i don't end up dead first

13. Wastingecho

talk to us, hon

i can tell that it's hard and that you are trying

give us a chance to help, please

14. 41021

41021 Banned Member

i am trying the best i know how
    and in desperation (i don't tend to be a desperate person)
    it is exhausting me
    it does not help that i am not a talker
    i mean i can hold a conversation, but when it is something affecting me on a deep personal level, i have difficulty
    i just
    i can't just get right directly to it
    **tears**
    I'm scared
    it's frustrating me too
    i want to spit it all out, but all i can do is keep circling around and circling around
    ty

15. Wastingecho

i understand

would it be easier to write yourself a letter?

that way you could see it and maybe wrap your head around it a little better

16. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

have you reached out for professional help yet ? sometimes the help of someone that you can trust or that realy cares can give the feeling that your not fighting alone and works a bit less exhausting. or maybe opening one of those "read but not reply"-treads and just post bit by bit all the things that are borthering you ? it can take some weight of you back. like a diary you only write what comes up at the moment. i wish i could do more to make you feel better. pls hang in there and keep posting here. im hoping you will find a way out :hug:

17. 41021

41021 Banned Member

unfortunately, i do have my head around most of it.
    most of it is crystal clear.
    at least as far as what is going on.
    it's just scaring me badly and i am confused and don't want to be alone in it
    but i can't spit it out

and there is more to it.
    ugh

18. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Actually, kali, the suicide survey is already included as part of the Burns Depression Checklist which is part of this SF forum, and which you already tried. The resultant score you got, evidently indicates you at danger level. At this point, you must seek professional help.

In my case, I have been already seeing a therapist for many years already. In order to find a good one, I had to go through three therapists, until I finally found one which I feel comfortable with. I still experience auditory-hallucinations,but at least my depression is under control. My hallucinations make it difficult to socialize at times,but I learn to cope, thanks to my therapist.

19. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I have to agree with Winslow. The Burns Depression Checklist is kind of the end all. I hope you are avle to get some help. Be strong and courageous to make that call.

20. 41021

41021 Banned Member

it's okay.
    i think i've got a grip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.